Please register or login to continue

Register Login

If Maybe Was an Answer-Part Four-Rewrite
If Maybe Was an Answer-Part Four-Rewrite

If Maybe Was an Answer-Part Four-Rewrite

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(Amari's Pov.)

Jacob is staring at the table behind me, I move the greens around on my plate. "If you want to go sit with them go." I whisper, shoving my mouth full of the soggy greens. He shakes his head,"I was just wondering," I roll my eyes. "About?" He smiles,"about asking Madison to prom." My heart falls through the floor of the cafetiria but even though I don't want to, I say the words he wants to hear. "You should."

He beams,"thank you. How should I ask her?" I sigh,"I have to go. I don't feel so well." It isn't exactly a lie, I don't feel well. I feel like every wall I built to protect myself is shattering and breaking around me, like any second the breath will leave my lungs, like I am dying slowly.

The library is empty, except for the librarian who pays me no mind. The deepest part of the library is my favorite; I sit on the old carpet between the two overflowing shelves of leather bound yellow-paged books. The smell of history, ink, paper, leather, lemon, and mildew flood into my nose. The dingy light flickering overhead, I curl myself into a ball on the floor, and pull my knees to my chest wrapping my arms around them.

Closing my eyes tight, I lay there surrounded by books.

_________>>____________<<_____________>>_______________<<______________>>__________________<<________>>
(Jacob's pov.)

Amari is curled on her bed, book in hands. "Amari, Amari, Amari." She throws a pillow, smacking me hard in the face, and holding up a finger before pausing. "What?" It doesn't sound angry more aggravated. "I need your help." She rolls her eyes,"you are so dependant." She moves; laying on her belly and staring down at me.

"Well, what is it?" I hold up the paper to her,"you weren't in class. Do you want to do the project together?" She nods, swining herself onto the floor beside me. "Where were you?" She shrugs,"nurses office." It is a lie, I can tell because the slight pink tint to her ears. I don't push, we all have our secrets.

Amari's dark hair falls like a curtain between us as she reads the project paper. "I asked her." She doesn't react, turning the page. "And?" I smile,"and she said yes." She smiles over at me,"awesome."

Author Notes: Hope you enojoy

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
26 Apr, 2021
Words
390
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
508

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.