Please register or login to continue

Register Login

If Maybe Was an Answer Part Three-Rewrite
If Maybe Was an Answer Part Three-Rewrite

If Maybe Was an Answer Part Three-Rewrite

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(Amari's pov.)

Jacob's mom is long gone to bed and him and I are laying on the couch. My legs over his and his head on my shoulder, I don't know how we got into this place but we did. The t.v is blaring a movie that I cannot follow because his breath on my ear is to distracting, but I don't ask him to move. I tell myself I don't ask him to move because he is warm but I think I like the feel of having a friend.

"Amari, why don't you talk?" He whispers the question. "It is getting late, I should probably go." He shifts, staring down at me. "You don't have to." I know that he means I don't have to answer and I don't have to go. I look away and get to my feet clumsily. "Goodnight." He doesn't let me finish before he grabs my hand nd practically drags me up the stairs.

"sleep in my room, I will sleep on the couch. It is far to late for you to be driving, plus your'e asleep on your feet." I nod, half because he is right and half because I don't want to argue. He turns on the light for me and shuffles through his closet and hands me a plain grey hoodie and sweatpants to match.

"Here you can sleep in these." He grabs a pillow and small blanket. "Thank you." I say it right before he walks out and he just nods,"of course. now get some sleep." I change, flick off the light, and climb into his bed.

The sheets smell of him; like laundry detergent and faded colgne. his pillows smell like lemongrass shampoo and faded colgne.Closing my eyes I fall into the deep safe embrace of his smell.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
20 Apr, 2021
Words
302
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
438

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.