Please register or login to continue

Register Login

I'm Satans Daughter: Chap. 4
I'm Satans Daughter: Chap. 4

I'm Satans Daughter: Chap. 4

Andrew_And_AnaNugget
1 Review

After walking around for about an hour, and jogging, I head back to the room. Chica follows behind me, but almost when we reach the room, she starts growling. I look around, but see nothing. “What is it, Chica?”

She looks up at me, then whimpers. I pet her, but continue walking to the room. We get there, and I open the door. Dimitri and War are fighting. Like, full on fist fight. “What’s going on?” I ask wearily. I don’t like fights.

They both jerk their heads over to me, shock over both their faces. They are still tense, but they stop fighting. “I repeat. What was going on?”

“Nothing,” They both say.

“Well, whatever. I called one of my friends from the city next to here. She’s picking us up tomorrow. War and Papa should be here later. And don’t cause her problems. She is having a child.” I grab my phone and text her.

Me: What does Ashlyn look like?

Best Friend: Short, black hair, gray eyes. But she is VERY muscular.

Me: *no response*

I close out of Messenger and turn my phone off.

Ashlyn is the person I like. We were in the same class ever since we were kids. She was my best friend. I was the least popular student back then. But, now I’m just a ‘lost soul’. “Okay.” War says, and I go and sit on the plush carpet. Chica follows me, and lays beside me. The other tiger goes over to Chica and lays beside her. “You’re a Niño.” I say, and the tiger looks up, then spins in a circle. “Definitely a Niño.” I laugh. I pet him, and Chica looks up at me expectantly, so I pet her too.


A few hours later, there's footsteps going down the hall. I hold my breath, until I hear someone shout, “War!? Avalon!?”

Then another voice shouts, “Sweetie!!”

I jump off the beam I was balancing on, and throw the door open, tackling Jacob. “Brother!”

“Where’s War?” Jacob asks, but hugs me tightly.

“Inside. We’ve been hiding out. Oh, also, remember the friend from when I was twelve that I told you about?” He nods. “She is picking us up tomorrow. I called her earlier.” I hug Papa, and then see someone. “Who’s this?” I ask. It’s a kid, that’s for sure. It’s peeking out from behind Papa, but they’re looking at me with curiosity.

“That’s Cole. He died yesterday, but.. the invasion. We found him before we teleported.” The kid - Cole - moves forward, and holds his hands up toward me. I smile, and pick him up. “Look at his rib,” Jacob whispers, and I lift Cole’s shirt a little. I see a bruise on his rib, and my eyes widen.

“What the hell?” I whisper to myself, but lower his dirt-caked shirt. “How old are you, bud?” I ask him, and he holds up two fingers. Oh Satan. This kid probably lived in a bad environment.

“How’d he die?” I ask Jacob.

“Starvation and he was dehydrated.” Of course.

“Well, let’s pack up everything, and we can head to a store and see if there’s anything we need for him. I’ll message Cleo and tell her we’ll need a car seat.” I head back to the room, and go to my suitcase.

I pull out an old tank top and take off his shirt. The shirt he was wearing was too big, but since I have a small body, my tank top should work fine. I grab my brush and some body wash, and carry him to the bathroom. I grab five towels, bunch them up, and use them as a plug for the sink. I fill it up with lukewarm water, and set him in it.

I clean him up, then remember I forgot a small towel or something to dry him off.

“War can you bring my suitcase in here?” I ask, and hear someone grumble a complaint, then a dragging sound and my suitcase is placed by my feet. “Thanks, friend.”

I dry Cole off and make a makeshift diaper until we go to a store in a little. I pull my tank top over his head and knot each strap, so it doesn’t slip off his shoulders.

I brush through his hair slowly, making sure to get the knots out, and pick him up and leave the bathroom. The tigers bound toward me once they see me, and I pet them both. Cole leans back, as if to get away from them, then starts wiggling to get down. I set him down, and he goes over to Chica, reaching a small hand out.

She looks at him, studying his face, then lays on her stomach and leans into his touch. I smile, seeing how Chica made sure she didn’t hurt him. It was adorable. “Who the hell is this?” Dimitri asks, looking at the child.

“Cole. And watch your mouth.” He mumbles something, but I can’t hear it. Cole tugs my leggings, and I squat so I’m eye-level and I can see the blue and green specks in his eyes. “Yes, Cole?”

He wraps his arms around my neck, as if to hug me, but then he legs wrap around me, too and his head falls on my shoulder. I stand up, holding him tightly.

He’s probably really tired. I use my powers to lift my suitcase up and it’ll follow me wherever I walk, so I head out of the room and walk down the halls, using on hand to search up stores with diapers and baby clothes. Dollar Store definitely doesn’t. Walmart and Target are my main focus, and luckily there is one of each. War, Papa, Dimitri, and Jacob catch up to me quickly and are silent the whole walk to the Target.

After a little bit of walking, Cole is asleep, his head on my shoulder, arms wrapped loosely around my neck. Chica and Nino flank us, watching for anything that happens.

And I go around a corner and see the unforgettable. Father leaning over Dad.

Jacob starts running toward them, and launches himself into Father’s arms. I see Father’s arms are shaking, but he hugs Jacob back. I can tell he’s crying. I slowly walk over. Who knows, this could be a damn zombie apocalypse moment!

I look at Dad, and a tear goes down my cheek. “Dad..” I whisper, and kneel so I can check his pulse. None. “No! He can’t be gon--” I cut off and grab my knapsack. A life ember.

I pull it out and place it above his heart. Please let it work, please let it work.

I check his pulse again. “There’s a beat!” I say. It’s slow, but it’ll speed up in a second. Cole is asleep the whole time.


After that whole fiasco, we go to Target, the whole group of us. Cole wakes up, and I set him on Chica, then find the kid isle and grab him some proper clothes. Cleo will have some he can wear, so just an outfit for today and tomorrow. And diapers.

I find one that is about the size William, Cleo’s youngest brother, wore when he was Cole’s age. I rip it open and pull out a few diapers. I find a bathroom, and pick Cole up so I can change him.

He wakes up slowly and I take the tank top off and put the blue shorts and a gray hoodie on him.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Andrew_And_Ana
Nugget
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
22 Jun, 2021
Words
1,252
Read Time
6 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
923

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.