Please register or login to continue

Register Login

In the Dark Room

In the Dark Room

By bscotch - 2 Reviews

Sitting in the dark windowless room is a child. It is barely clothed or fed. It shivers in the cold lonely room. No one will come. It knows that. After the endless weeks of crying and flogging it has learned its lesson. There is nothing other than the long metal stick that is used as a whip. The child is broken, in its mind as well as on its body. There are no hopes. All it can do is quietly whimper, with its eyes closed with dry eyes.

They come again, just like they usually do. With disgusted and scrunched up faces. The hold their noses to keep from smelling the stench of excrement and pee mixed together. The replace the child's food. Though in their eyes it is not a human but an animal.

Between the people that come is a 40-year-old man. Though he cannot bear to see such cruelty. Over the years of watching this happen he has managed to sneak into the room and give the child some food but to his surprise, it recoiled in fear. Not daring to look at the man in the eyes.

The child is broken. There is nothing that can be done to save him from this misery. Even the smartest man can save him. For he was destined to this fate since birth.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
bscotch
bscotch
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
22 Feb, 2019
Words
224
Read Time
1 min
Rating
4.5 (2 reviews)
Views
1,204

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.