Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Infantile Anmisia

Infantile Anmisia

By Lilith_Garnet

Walking down the street as she normally would. Octavia was on her way home when she was approached by her friend Elain. They had been friends for a couple of months now. “Hey,” Elain said walking on Octavia’s right. She gave her friend a tired smile. “Good afternoon,” was all she said. After a moment of silence, Elain hooked her arm around Octavia's as they continued to make their way down the street.

“I have a question for you.”

“Oh,” Octavia said with a smile, turning her face to her friend.

Elain fixed her posture and continued to stare into the oblivion of red, pink, and orange. “I want to know more about you, like what your childhood was like.” Octavia turned her gaze from her friend to the concrete they were walking on. They continued their walk in utter silence.

Braking the silence Octavia said, “I don’t remember my childhood.”

Elain looked at her friend, “what about your parents?”

“I don’t remember them either,” She said with a frown. Elain just froze a look of worry dancing across her face. “Is something wrong?” Octavia asked.

“What do you mean you don’t remember your parents?”

“I simply don’t remember them,” She said with a straight face.

“Then what’s the earliest memory you have?” Elain asked concerned about her friend. Octavia just shrugged and look out her key and unlocked the door. After they arrived inside Octavia closed the door behind her and locked it. Elain just stared at her friend as she made her way to the kitchen.

“The earliest thing I remember is waking up in a foster home,” she said removing her coat and setting it on a chair. “I didn’t know who or where I was,” she said schooling her features, her hands shaking slightly. “I was only 10 at the time,” Elain's face was full of concern. “What about school or growing up with your parents?” She continued to push. Octavia stayed silent. “Was your childhood that bad that you don’t want to talk about it, or do you just not trust me!” Elain said raising her voice, taking a step closer. Octavia opened her mouth, but she couldn’t form words. She then moved to her room, Elain followed blatant fury written across her face.

“Octavia stop ignoring my question!”

“I told you that I don’t remember! I don’t know who my parents are, what they look like, or if I even have any siblings!” Octavia shouted tears burning her eyes, but she held them in the best she could. Silence fell over the room.

“Leave,” was all Octavia could muster before turning to make her way to the washroom.

“I- I’m sorry,” Elain said her voice shaking as she turned and left.

After she heard the front door close, she leaned back against the nearest door. She slid to the floor, tucking her knees into her chest. And with that, she cried till she fell asleep, her face stained with dried tears.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lilith_Garnet
Lilith_Garnet
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
25 Sep, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
496
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
768

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.