Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?

Is It Just Me?

NorthernPhoenixNorthernPhoenix
1 Review

Sometimes I'm scared of being close to the people I love. Especially the ones I most rely on. Especially if it seems that for any reason they might not want to be near me.

I feel so worthless and unlovable sometimes. In the past, it's seemed like simply being myself was enough to drive people away from me. To make them think that I was strange or boring or unpleasant.

Friendships sliding away, acquaintances losing interest, siblings ignoring me or telling me to be quiet -- all of it has pounded into me so many messages. That love I receive is conditional. That if I'm not careful, I will lose the relationships that are most important to me. That I am flawed, and if I could just be a little more normal, socially aware, quieter, or just different from how I am, maybe I could be cared about.

And so sometimes the people I love frighten me. What if they decide that they've gotten tired of me, too? A part of me knows that this idea I came up with as a child - without even realizing it - isn't true. But a part of me can't help but wonder, can't help but fear.

Author Notes: This definitely has an unfinished feel to it, in my opinion, but when you're writing in your bed instead of going to sleep like you should have, what can ya do?

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
NorthernPhoenix
NorthernPhoenix
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Aug, 2023
Words
204
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
915

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.