Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Just a Small Girl in a Big World
Just a Small Girl in a Big World

Just a Small Girl in a Big World

H2oAce
1 Review

Where were we, oh yes, there is currently a herd of cows chasing me. What a great way to die right? Actually, no, it’s not. These aren't just any normal cows, these are Apollo's sacred red cows. Just a warning for future reference, DON’T CALL THEM CUTE. They absolutely hate it when people pet them and say how adorable their eyes are(Trust me, I learned the hard way). They like to be known as “Apollo’s flaming, luxurious, angry cows” in other words, A.F.L.A.C. I know, I know, you’re probably thinking of the duck commercial on T.V, but trust me, you do not want to mess with these cows. Anyway, I was running for my life from a herd of angry cows, when I suddenly bumped into a boy. You might be thinking: Wow! A boy! I’ve never seen one of those before! Sadly, this boy was also very, extremely cute. He has brown, tousled hair, with big hazel eyes, and a really good sense of fashion. Unfortunately, he was off limits. According to the demigod laws(Also known as my dad), I’m not allowed to date till I’m 45 years old. I just hate my life. The boy and I stared at each other for a split second, and I immediately felt my cheeks burning.

“Oh, um...sorry about that,” he said.
“Uh huh…” I said staring into his eyes.
“I don’t mean to be rude, but why are you drooling?”

I quickly turned my head the opposite way and blushed profoundly. I was furious with myself!

“Do you need help?” he asked with a twinkle in his eye.
“With what?” I said dumbly with a dazed look on my face.
“The angry herd of cows that are currently trying to kill you”.
“Oh yeah...right”
“So do you need my help?”
“Yes please”

And with that, we sprinted together across the Golden Gate Bridge. He held my hand and smiled into my face as if I were the best thing in the world. Just kidding, I’m a hopeless romantic, don’t judge. I used the Barrett my dad had given me for my 10th birthday to zap the cows. Don’t worry, I wasn’t trying to kill them, I was just trying to spook them so they would run away. The Barrett then transformed into a full-blown tiara(I know right, why dad why?!)and fitted itself into the perfect position. My tiara was designed to never fall off or ever get in the way of my face. This tiara was special to me because it was the only thing I had left. My mom died because of cancer when I was six, and my dad...well, he has other stuff to worry about.

“Hey Adrian, could you come over here?”
“Yeah sure, what’s the problem?”
“That’s the problem,” I said, pointing to a blazing sun chariot.
“Wow, I’ve never seen Apollo’s chariot this close before”
“Neither have I, and I’m not going to try and get closer”
“Well you better be prepared, cause’ here he comes”

I saw a tinge of confusion and sadness in his eyes when he mentioned Apollo’s name, I wonder what it could be… As I stared in shock and awe, Apollo walked toward us with an air of authenticity.

“Why are you taunting my F.L.A.C?!” said Apollo with a fiery look in his eyes.
“ Lord Apollo!” Adrian said as he bent into a bow.
“Adrian” was all Apollo said in reply.
“Zyla, I expect more from you. You cannot always rely on your tiara, you must use your natural instincts. I’m sure, as a demigod, you must have training soon?” he said to me.
“Yes, broth––Apollo” I hastily added.
“Good, now go back to whatever you puny mortals do and don’t make me wake up from my mid-day nap ever again!”

I knew as soon as Apollo left that Adrian’s eyes were on me.

“What was that all about?” said Adrian with a quizzical look on his face.
“Apollo was probably trying to test us”
“Why?”
“I don’t know” I shrugged.

TO BE CONTINUED(IF YOU WANT IT TO)

Author Notes: I just wanted to write something quick about greek mythology. If you want a second part, just let me know. ;)

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
H2o
Ace
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
23 May, 2019
Words
693
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
846

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.