Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Kate

The words, "Don't give up," echoed in my head as I walked out of the funeral home. It seemed as if the sky had matched the day's event, dark, ominous and rainy.


She was always the underdog, and me her faithful sidekick. Team of two going to take over the world, side by side. Or we were before the intoxicated driver struck her, left her there to die on the pavement. We were in our junior year at Southview High. "If you can make it out of there mentally stable, you will be fine." People always joked. Kate and I had always joked, counting down the days until we were out of there. We were going to move somewhere sunny and happy. Unlike the middle-of-nowhere town that is Southview. Now none of that can happen, we will never we able to graduate together, we will never be able to be at each others weddings. She can't even get justice. My best friend is dead, yet the driver gets off the hook. Waking up with a hangover and no clue that he is a murder. Not only did he kill my best friend, but he killed part of me. I got into the black Sudan I got on my birthday. Kate's parents got her an identical one.

Oh Kate, why did you have to go to that party?

Author Notes: Chapter 1.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Depressed_Nobody
Madison_Writes
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
12 Jun, 2016
Words
227
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
4.5 (2 reviews)
Views
2,768

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.