Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Lament for the Departed and Lost
Lament for the Departed and Lost

Lament for the Departed and Lost

SkylarAshtria

Be free oh wayward soul,
Be freed from all your mortal shackles,
Be free from all your misery, and be not, afraid of, where you will go.

Let go of all your debts and regrets,
Let not these woes drag you down no more.
These miniscule fragments of the life that you lived, are worth not, their weight in, any currency.
Reminisce instead, on the people met throughout your life, those friends, and all the memories you had.

Those good times had to end, but you will surely have more, for now you're free, and not bound to this mortal plane.

Be free oh wayward soul,
Be freed from all your mortal shackles,
Be free from all your misery, and be not, afraid of, where you'll go
For you, are on the way,
Home.

Author Notes: For any interested in the story behind this;
I had found a dead cat while working the other day and had sorta wound up humming this for her as a sort of farewell. Figured nobody had even noticed that the cat had died, and it probably died all alone so I kinda just had to give it some sort of a send off ya know? The weather agreed, I guess, cause it just rained briefly and heavily for no reason after I was done.
So yeah, I just felt that I should share this so I tinkered with it some to make it more readable and here we are. To any reading this, thanks for reading and have a good rest of your day, or night.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Skylar
Ashtria
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Nov, 2021
Words
134
Read Time
<1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
463

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.