Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Let Me Cry Part 1

Let Me Cry Part 1

By SoundOblivion - 1 Review

Let Me Cry


~10 years ago~
“Aunty Aunty! Tell me about Mommy and Daddy!” I said.
“That story isn’t for me to tell, hunny.” She replied.
“But…can you tell me why they left me?” I asked.
“I’ll tell you when you can understand, okay?” She said.
“I understand now, Aunty! I really do!” I pleaded.
“No, no. We’ll speak of this later. Right now, you have to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is your first day of 1st grade! Aren’t you excited?” she asked.
“Yes! I am! I can’t wait!” I replied, jumping up and down in my white bunny slippers. Aunty lead me down the hall, into the bathroom, so I could brush my teeth. I was 6 years old at the time, and I wanted to know everything about my parents. Why they left me with Aunty, why they never show up at any of my events, even birthdays. I wondered if I was forgotten.
Aunty tucked me into bed, turned off the lights, shut the door, and left. I closed my eyes and saw a man and a woman, sitting side by side, in a car. The man was driving, as the woman laughed. She looked back at me, and smiled.
“Melody! Peek-a-boo!” she said, covering her eyes, then letting her hands fall back down. I giggled automatically.
“Hunny, where do you want to eat at tonight?” the man asked.
“I don’t know. What’s still open? It’s 11! Its so dark!” she replied. I kept my sight on the woman, not knowing why.
“Let’s go eat at our favorite reasturant! It is our anniversary.” The man suggested.
“Yes yes! It will be Melody’s first time there!” the woman replied.
“Okay! Let’s go then!” the man said, speeding up the car.
We passed by an endless row of shadowed trees. It was almost impossible to see. Suddenly, a light appeared and the sound of a car horn blasted through the air. It was then, the 2 cars collided. The woman jumped to the back where I sat and shielded me from shattered flying glass. I kept my eyes open, and saw blood starting to spill out from the man and the women. Soon enough, sirens started to wail. I saw fire. Big and red. Both cars were caught on fire, and was starting to get closer and closer to the man and the woman. White mist started filling up the car, killing the fire instantly. Then, the doors were yanked open. The woman still held me tight; her breathing was rough and jagged.
“Melody, what ever happens, we love you!” The woman whispered, as her grip loosened. I started to cry, as the loud sirens and people talking started to fade out of my mind, all I heard was me crying.
My eyes shot open, and I see the lights on.
"Melody! Are you okay?!" Aunty shouted.


Please rate! I'd appriciate it (:

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
xlilaznrose
SoundOblivion
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
19 Jul, 2010
Genre
Type
Words
494
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
6,057

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.