Please register or login to continue

Register Login

A Letter to a Dear Friend
A Letter to a Dear Friend

A Letter to a Dear Friend

TorchiiTorchii
1 Review

Dear Friend,

It’s been a long time since I've seen you. I wonder, how have you been? Are you content and satisfied with the life that you have lived thus far? At this moment you may be saying, "but we just saw each other, how can you be saying these things?" And I tell you that soon enough you may understand.

Don’t you remember when we were young, careless and free. Free from the chains and bonds of life. When we had no worries, all that mattered was toys and the newest iPad games. Don’t you wish that we could go back then. When we could have stupid parties that are parents set up for us, or excange pleasant conversations about our day

I too wish that I could go back then. When we didn’t have piles of work holding us down. When we didn’t have to worry about who thought we were cool or not. When our conversations weren’t about the stock market, or trends that would die out within the next day or two.

If we did go back, what would happen. Would we regain our childish innocence and not care, or would we carry our tainted lives, and see everything that we had been oblivious to. Either way, our past is our past, and we cannot dwell in a silent world. Bitter about what we wish we could change. The fact is that everything we did, made us who we are today.

Now back to the topic at hand. The real reason that I wrote you this letter was to remind you. To remind you of the younger you. To remind you how much you have changed. To remind you, that you are not alone, and that you can still go back. You may not be able to change what happened, but you can regain at least a sliver of your former self. The you that I loved, and who was lost long ago. They are the one who I am writing this letter to.

Author Notes: I mean this letter to anyone really, because we have all at some point lost our childish self.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Torchii
Torchii
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
10 Nov, 2021
Words
338
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
914

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.