Please register or login to continue

Register Login

listen up
listen up

listen up

lyngbakr82𝕝𝕪𝕟𝕘𝕓𝕒𝕜𝕣𝟠𝟚
1 Review

Hey, let's be real for a second.

We can be our own worst critic sometimes. You know what I'm talking about.

That little "ugh" your brain does whenever you look in the mirror. The replaying of those embarrasing memories and rethinking everything at 3 am. It goes on and on.

Girls! Look at me! Whoever told you that you had to be thin or such-and-such a way to be pretty? You are beautiful just the way you are. Don't let your brain talk you out of it. Today's standards of beauty are the worst, so don't subscribe to the "comparison to others" they're trying to sell you.

Guys! You don't have to be well-muscled or a star athlete to be amazing! People tend to focus on the girls when it comes to feeling less than confident about looks, but you deal with that too. There's things about you that you look at sometimes and go, "Man, I wish I could change that." Don't do that! You are perfect just the way you are made.

LISTEN UP!

Our brains try to tear us down from the inside and tell us that we're not [insert desirable quality here] enough, but those are all lies. Got that? Have confidence because you were made the way you are for a reason. Don't change yourself for other people, alright?

Now go. Spread your weirdness and your joy and your zeal for adventure and make your mark on the world the way only you can. I'm proud of you.

Author Notes: hey. you. the person reading this. in case you didn't know, you're amazing. don't forget that :)

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
lyngbakr82
𝕝𝕪𝕟𝕘𝕓𝕒𝕜𝕣𝟠𝟚
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
24 Aug, 2021
Words
252
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
3 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
740

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.