Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Long Ears, big Tail... (Purdey, Symes and Wright - part 4)

Long Ears, big Tail... (Purdey, Symes and Wright - part 4)

By PeterHunter

Big Ears, Long Tail … (Purdy, Symes and Wright - part 4)

by Peter Hunter

… the two humans took away my sister and I never saw her again…
… they had looked at me, stroked me - made me purr then cuddled me. Finally the female placed me on the sofa, saying…
'… she's too ugly. Look at those big ears and long tail.'
Two days later more humans arrived. Following tea with my foster mum they examined my brother: 'Very nice,' one remarked turning her attention to me…
'what a long tail… and those ears. She's ugly…'
… they left, taking my brother - I never saw him again.
A common mistake humans make is not realising we understand their voice and languages… perhaps they had not meant me to know they did not like my big ears and long tail…
… certainly calling me ugly - but I did and it hurt…
Ten days passed and I was joined at the Salisbury Foster carers home by three bothers all about tow weeks younger than me. They had been borne in stables owned by a famous television star and although given to the Cats Protection people, felt very please with them selves. Soon afterwards two more humans arrived. The previous day their much-loved cat Bootsie had died and their pain was unbearable
Hoping to find solace they hoped to quickly locate two kittens they could love…
… one a boy and one a girl… and I was the only girl kitten there.
The bigger boy was cuddled, stroked and chosen.
'Let's call him Symes…' suggested the female human. She then picked me up and I purred as loudly as I could. 'not very pretty… big ears and long tail…' she judged.
My little heart was almost bursting…
… I didn't think I could take more rejection.
'Perhaps she'll grow into those ears…' observed the man. 'We can't possibly leave her - we'll call her Purdey…'
…at last I had a home- and the larger boy kitten too…
Then one of the other boys, the shy one looked very unhappy. Desperately he leapt onto my new Dad's lap purring intensely. Stroking him gently Dad said to my new Mum; 'I just can't leave this one behind. We'll call him Wright…'

End

© Peter Hunter 2012

Peter Hunter's full-length thrillers are available on Kindle

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
PeterHunter
PeterHunter
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
18 Jul, 2012
Genre
Type
Words
392
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
3,065

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.