Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Love Is Blind (Pt 9)
Love Is Blind (Pt 9)

Love Is Blind (Pt 9)

hidethetearsTiffany

“So how have the past 15 months been treating you?” I inquire, going to the stove and putting the teapot on.

“Terribly.” He replies. I relish the sound of his voice.

“But your job-”

“I was too screwed up to work. So I quit. Then my dad died. He wasn’t only rich off his ass, he also had a one million dollar life insurance. So… while I have a shit ton of money, I’m unhappy. But enough about me. I need to hear about you.” He says, I notice his use of the word ‘need’ instead of ‘want’. I sigh.

“What can I say? I moved here because there were no memories of you or Eren here. I go through everyday numb. The only time I feel is at night when I cry myself to sleep, only to wake up a few hours later screaming your name. All I can think about is how you left. How you were so unnecessarily cruel after our breakup. I’ve spent 15 damn months hating myself. Nyx is my only solace,” as if I called her name, the snow white husky pads in the room. She lays at my feet.” I don't see myself when I look in the mirror. All I see is an empty shell. But that's not what you want to hear, is it? No!” I whip around and glare at Levi through tears in my eyes. I blink them away furiously. “You want me to say I’m fine. That I’m over you. Because then you won't feel so guilty. But look at me Levi. Do I seem alright?” I say, deadly quiet. Levi’s eyes hold torment. He’s looking at me as if I’m breaking his heart. “Don’t look at me like that. Because I’m not. I have every reason to be angry. Because the moment I finally feel as though I am no longer drowning, you call me and remind my heart of you. You’re selfish- don’t cry!” I dart to him and stroke his face, wiping away the tears streaking down his face. He looks up at me.

“You’re right. Everything you said… you’re right.” He say, his voice breaking. Anguish shows in his eyes. I shake my head.

“No. I'm not. I'm wrong.” I counter. “I'm furious. And i'm not mad at you. I'm mad at me. You aren’t at fault. Stop crying. Please.” I run my fingers through his hair. Just like I used to before. HE wraps his arms around me and pulls me onto his lap. I bury my face into the curve of his neck. He breathes deeply.

“I'm so sorry I hurt you. I'm so very very sorry It almost killed me to leave you that day, but I felt I had to. I was too attached. I was going to ask you to marry me, the day we broke up. But then I saw you with Jake and realized that I would never be good enough. You deserve so much better than me-”

“All I ever wanted was you, you ass! And you let your insecurities wreck the only thing I had to live for!”

“Please, let me finish, my love.” He tilts his head to see my expression. “I love your hair, it looks better on you. Before, you looked like a girl trying to be an adult. Now… you look mike the beautiful storybook princess.”

“If I am the princess, then you are the frog.”I snap. He chuckles.

“And when you kiss me, I’ll become your prince.”

“I will never kiss you again.”

“Never say never” He murmurs. He slowly leans in. I tilt my chin up and our lips meet in a slow innocent kiss. When we part, I smile shyly.

“But where’s my prince?” I ask. Levi starts laughing.

Author Notes: Last line is my favorite

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hidethetears
Tiffany
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
9 May, 2019
Words
630
Read Time
3 mins
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,412

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.