Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Loves Contrast Chapter 2
Loves Contrast Chapter 2

Loves Contrast Chapter 2

Andrew_And_AnaNugget
2 Reviews

"Hey!" someone says from behind me and I turn around to see who said it. I recognize Liam and slow down a bit.

"Yeah?" I say, and take a sip of my pumpkin spiced latte, set the latte on a picnic table, and pull out a stack of cash and count the amount.

"What college you go to?" He asks and stops by the table.

"The community one, Alex decided he wanted my life drama filled, so he signed me up for it," I roll my eyes, and finish counting, then put the money in my bag. "Lemme tell you, I'm not making any friend."

"I understand the disliking of other people. I only hang out with your brother and his friends," I sit on the tablet, and pull the sandwich I bought out from the grocery bag.

"Want some?" I ask.

"No thanks, I'll get something on the way to school," he shakes his head, and I nod and dig into the sandwich. After a few minutes of silence, he speaks up. "So, are you and Alex, like, biological siblings?"

"No, not technically, we met as kids, just two poor kids, barley able to afford a can of soup. My dad left me when I was ten, and my mom overdosed. He ran away from home, we met and became joined at the hip. He was my best friend, and we considered each other siblings, too. We both had separate things to do. He works at a job and lived down by West side, and I live, lived, in a abandoned building on Main street. I stole from people, he ended up getting into fights. I got a tattoo when I turned sixteen," I point to a tattoo of a fallen angel on my arm. "and my nose pierced when for my birthday." I point to the ring on my nose. "He got a few tattoos, his eyebrow pierced, and his lip pierced," I finish off my sandwich and stand up. "Wanna walk to school with me?" I don't bother hiding my true species, dragon and fox mixed with angel blood, and let the dragon scales show on my cheek bones and the back of my hands and the ram-looking horns show on my head. Overall I pretty much look super intimidating to most people.

He stands up. "Sure, Dox," he says casually and lets his species show; turquoise dragon eyes, black wings, and white cougar ears. I grab my IPhone, and it suddenly starts ringing to the soundtrack of Partners in Crime and I answer. "Yeah, bro?"

"Your dad, he stopped by. He said he's been looking for you," his tone is panicked, and tears well up in my eyes.

"Dad..?" I asks him, sure I'm mistaken. Only one thing can make me cry, the mentioning of my dad.

"Yes, your dad, sis. He said he's stopping by the college. He just left," I hang up without saying goodbye.

"I hope you can fly, Yin," I say and shoot into the air on a gush of wind. I go straight to the college, and see my dad standing there. I drop behind him and whisper, "Dad?"

He turns around and I see his eyes are puffy. "Naomi?" I throw my arms around him and hug him tight.

"I missed you, Papa!" I say and tears stream down my face.

"I missed you, too, Bub. Where's you mom?" he says ecidedly.

"Uhmmm," more tears flow and saddness crosses his face. "S-she overdosed five years ago.." I whisper, and then hear Liam land beside me.

"Where have you lived all these years!?" he exclaims.

"A building down on Main Street, plus I've made a few friends that got an apartment, and I moved in with them!" I say and he nods.

"I heard, who's this fellow?" He nods toward Liam.

"Oh, he's one of my friends' friend," I say and look at my phone. "Look, Papa, I gotta get t school. Stop by Alex's house sometimes and we can talk," I hurry inside, Liam at my heal. What a day to be alive..

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Andrew_And_Ana
Nugget
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
21 May, 2021
Words
683
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
909

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.