Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Loves Contrast Chapter 3
Loves Contrast Chapter 3

Loves Contrast Chapter 3

Andrew_And_AnaNugget
2 Reviews

A few weeks later, and I’ve already made enemies with the cheerleaders, chess club, and most teachers. The cheerleaders are mad that I’m a mixed breed, the chess club is mad I called them out and got their club shut down, and the teachers are snobs that shouldn’t even work here. “Detention, Miss. Reese,” the teacher points at me and a loud growls forms in my throat.

“Why!?”

“Broke the dress code and talking during class,” I give her a puzzled look, then roll my eyes.

“I’m wearing a long sleeve shirt with a knee length skirt, how is that breaking dress code? Also, I don’t even have friends here, and don’t even talk to people,” I growl, and then grab my bag and storm out of class and talk to myself while I walk to my locker. “I don’t even know why! Is it just because I’m a hybrid?? Like, I always wear appropriate clothes and never talk in class unless I need to. Ugh, she’s being species racist..” I open my locker forcefully, and grab the water bottle. Then slam the locker shut.

“Jeesh, what’d the locker do to you?” Liam’s voice sounds behind me, and I smile my evil grin.

“Oh, nothing, I just was imagining one of the teachers laying there while I slam it shut on their head repeatedly,” I say and grab a hair-tie and put my hair into two buns.

“Violent much?” He laughs and we start heading outside.

“Race to the cliff?” I say, and he gets his game face on.

“Loser has to ask the person they like out,” he looks at me and I nod. “It's on,” he starts running in his human form, and I wait ten seconds before transitioning into a cheetah, then speed ahead of him. He looks at me as I pass and then tries to gain speed. I see the cliff within sight, so I collect all the wind I can and let it propel me up to the cliff, I use my reflexes to land on the edge, and then walk a little further and lay down in my fox form. He arrives a second later, heavily breathing, and sweat beading on his forehead.

I transition back to human, and stand up.

“Beat ya. Gotta ask your crush out.”

He takes a deep breath, “Okay, will you go out with me?”

It took me a moment to realize I’m the girl he likes, “Wait, you like me!?” I exclaim, and a lump forms in my throat. “Liam.. I’m no good for you. I’m a criminal!”

His hands cup my cheek, and a tear slips down my cheek. “Naomi, no one’s perfect. Trust me, I know not everyone’s perfect,” he pulled me into a hug, and I crumple against him. “Let’s get you home,” I cling to him, so he just starts flying toward Alex’s apartment.

“Yo, what’s up with my sis?” Alec asks Liam.

“She’s tired,” Liam responds and walks to my bed and sets me down on it. He tries to walk away but I grab his hand.

“If this is some damn romantic movie, you’d stay here,” I say and he sits down and laughs.

“Okay, okay,” he says and I fall asleep

Author Notes: Naomi is a mixed breed of dragon and fox, but from her grandmother she got cheetah genes too. She almost died when she was 15 and got injected with Angel blood, which gave her a longer life and she lived, so she is a tribred actually. A tribred is three species in one

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Andrew_And_Ana
Nugget
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
21 May, 2021
Words
541
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
758

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.