Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Lucifer Falls

Lucifer Falls

By FallenHOC - 1 Review

‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth’
Genesis: Chapter 1; Verse 1
The kingdom of heaven, a beacon of beauty, flourished with prosperity. Magnificent towers rose through the clouds as swarms of angels circled the skies. The towers surrounded a vast open area and were interconnected by bridges creating an intricate web. God’s throne stood at the center of the open space surrounded by imposing golden arches. Four Seraphim, the highest order of angels, stood guard around the throne at all times. Their bodies shone with a light so great that they created four pillars of light that shot into the skies.
The army of angels, God’s own creations, populated heaven singing his praises. But soon God decided to create much more. He fashioned a universe right below heaven and filled it with stars and planets. He then turned his attention to a planet he called earth.
The angels watched as God filled the earth with light, land and water. Plants and animals of every shape and color swam, ran and flew through their new surroundings. It was a beautiful sight. Looking down from heaven the angels sang songs of praise, bringing joy to God’s heart as he continued to create the earth. In seven days the magnificent design was done and the earth flourished. The angels rejoiced for it was truly a masterpiece.
And God said ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.’
Genesis: Chapter 1; Verse 26
When he created man he gave him reign over all the animals on the earth. The angels continued their celebration over the complexity and extravagance of God’s creation. God loved all of the earth but he seemed to love the humans, whom he made in their likeness, above all things.
But there was one who did not sing for there was no joy in his heart. Lucifer was one of the eight archangels, the captains of God’s army. He was tall, strong and handsome with long, platinum-blonde hair that cascaded down his back, to his waist, in a neat ponytail. Upon his waist hung a large polished sickle. He wore a chest plate and armor upon his arms and legs that was always polished to perfection. As the humans were being created he looked down with an envious expression. “Are we not good enough for our Lord any more?” he murmured to himself. “Why must he create such weak, idiotic things in our likeness if he already has us? Are we worth nothing?”
“Why are you still clad in your armor and weaponry my friend?” said Demeticus, Lucifer’s Lieutenant, striding up to him. “Why have you set your face so Lucifer? Do you not feel joy for the wonder and greatness of our Lord? Come and join in the merriment!” he said throwing an arm around his neck and opening his mouth to start another resounding chorus.
“I’m not in the mood for your idiocy!” he spat throwing off Demeticus’s arm. “Do you not see what is happening here?”
Demeticus, was startled by Lucifer’s anger, “Our father is creating a new world?”
“No.”
“I don’t know then.”
“We’re being replaced by those pitiful humans!”
“What?” said Demeticus in shock.
“Your naiveté never ceases to amaze me. Don’t you see, he already has us, why would he need them? He has already given them reign over all the other animals and he gave them speech and the capacity to think and he loves them more than the others, I can tell. They are like unremarkable versions of ourselves, weak of mind and body. They are not worthy of his love, I am sure.”
“What treason is this that falls from your lips, Lucifer? Repent, quickly, and you will be forgiven yet!”
“I do not need advice from a fool like you”
With that he turned with a flash of his hair and was gone, leaving Demeticus to gape in disbelief at his wake.
“What madness is this that has come over you my friend?”
*****
Lucifer loved the Father, but only the Father. His love for him had become an obsession. His plot was to show God the unworthiness of the human creation by manipulating them into committing sin and so, he thought, the Father would destroy them.
He fell to earth, disguised himself as a snake and convinced the woman Eve to eat from the tree of life and she in turn convinced Adam to eat from the same tree. For their sin they were banished from the Garden of Eden and the woman was cursed for all eternity.
Lucifer was then called before God to face his crimes. God sat in his throne as throngs of angels filled the pavilion, some even standing on the great golden arches to watch the trial, as nothing like this had ever happened in the kingdom of heaven before. Lucifer entered the pavilion and silence fell over the crowd and he kneeled before God in the customary fashion, right knee, right fist and eyes to the ground.
“EXPLAIN YOURSELF!” God’s voice boomed across the heavens like crashing waves, the fury chilling the bones of all who heard.
“Father, those humans are not worthy of your love. Look at how easily they strayed from your word my Lord, I…”
“WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHO IS WORTHY!”
“I…I thought you would be glad that I exposed them before they…They are vermin my Lord…my love for you …”
“ENOUGH! HENCEFORTH YOU ARE EXILED FROM THIS KINGDOM…”
“But my Lord… You must understand….I did it all because I love you, my…”
“YOU WILL FALL FROM GRACE AND LIVE BENEATH THE EARTH…”
“My Lord!” said Lucifer boldly looking up into God’s face with pleading eyes.
“YOUR LACK OF EMPATHY FOR THOSE OF LESSER POWER AND YOUR WILLINGNESS TO MANIPULATE AND ENSNARE ARE THE REASONS FOR YOUR EXILE…”
“MY LORD!” said Lucifer, rising to his feet, fear and desperation rising in his voice.
“YOU DARE TO CALL YOUR SELFISHNESS LOVE? YOUR LOVE IS NONE BUT AN OBSESSION. YOUR ‘LOVE’ HAS LEAD YOU TO COMMIT EVIL AGAINST ME. THEREFORE YOU WILL BE THE FATHER OF ALL EVIL AND YOU WILL AWAIT YOUR PUNISHMENT THAT WILL COME AT THE END OF TIME.”
At this Lucifer dropped to his hands and knees in desperation, looking up at God in disbelief as the final sentence was brought down upon him.
“AND SO IT SHALL BE”
And the angels and archangels answered in unison, “AMEN!”
Lucifer spun on the spot looking around with wide frightened eyes. “Michael.... Raphael..... Gabe.....” He shouted out to his friends and comrades, “You know I am right, we are being replaced!…..I only did it to show you….” he said, turning his gaze back toward God, pleading to no avail.
With nowhere to run Lucifer could only watch as two Cherubim came forward, fearsome creatures that towered high above the other angels of heaven. Each had four faces; one of a man, one of an ox, one of an eagle and one of a lion, and four conjoined wings. The cherubim had the body of a man but the feet of a calf and with every slow stride their hooves made a deafening boom, slowly and ominously approaching. Each took hold of one of Lucifer’s wings and tore them from his back. Lucifer released a scream of pain and fury that echoed across the assembly.
The Cherubim backed away and Lucifer fell to his knees. A circle of light appeared on the floor where he was huddled. The ground within the circle crumbled away and he began to fall. He looked around at his former brethren. Not one would step forward to help him or plead for him. His desperate gaze turned cold as his soul filled with hate and wrath.
Demeticus stood amidst the crowd in silence, fear and sadness ringing through his body. For just an instant, Lucifer’s wondering eyes met his and his gaze chilled him to his core, as if he wished to tear right through him, and just like that Lucifer was gone.
Check out the rest of the story at www.fallenhoc.com

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
FallenHOC
FallenHOC
About This Story
Audience
PG
Posted
11 Oct, 2012
Genre
Type
Words
1,370
Read Time
6 mins
Rating
1.0 (1 review)
Views
7,903

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.