Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Mirror Ghost (Part 1)
Mirror Ghost (Part 1)

Mirror Ghost (Part 1)

Dari-the-bookwormDari Poulson
5 Reviews

“Hey, Luna!”

I looked up from my cooking and smiled.

“Hey, Maranda. What do you need?” I scooped up the burger with my metal spatula and flipped it.

“So my daughter is having her baby tonight!”

I grinned. Maranda had been so excited about her grandchild, and finally, he was coming into the world.

“Are going to go then? The hospitals only an hour away.”

Maranda looked surprised.

“You can't stay here alone! Your only seventeen!”

“I'm eighteen and I've done it before. Besides, the dinner closes in one hour, which means I'm only going to be here for another hour and a half. Don't worry about me.”

Maranda gave me a grateful look.

“Thank you, Luna!”

Within seconds, she was gone.

We only had one more customer that night so it was pretty empty. Within the hour I was closing up the dinner and was pulling out the mop bucket.

Suddenly I heard screaming from the girl's bathroom.

As I raced to the bathroom the door flung open and four girls ran passed me. The blonde ran right into me and we fell to the floor.

The two brunette girls wear struggling with the door as if they could not open it. The redhead was squeezing herself into a corner, shaking and whispering to herself.

“What the heck is going on?! It is almost midnight! You girls should all be at home!”

I stood up and my anger melted away as I looked at their terrified faces. They all looked like freshmen.

Suddenly I had a rotten feeling in my gut. Girls in a bathroom an hour before midnight, screaming and shaking. It felt like a horror movie. I went to the door and stuck my hand in my pocket to get out my keys and I froze.

My keys were gone. I tried the door. Locked. The stupid door somehow got jammed.

I turned to the girls.

“Wh-what did you do?”

The redhead shook her head.

Then the taller burnet started crying.

“You know that story about the mirror ghost?” The blonde asked me, staring at the floor.

“Yes, it's a myth, a story to scare little kids, it's-”

"We summoned it."

the blonde pointed behind me and I turned and gasped.

The message looked like it was painted in black paint and I swear it wasn't there before.

“I am here. Only one will live. One is already gone.”
I spun around and realized that the crying had stopped. The taller brunet was gone.

The redhead looked shocked. “Where's Rachel?!”

Suddenly the redhead and the remaining brunet were running around, searching and screaming Rachel's name. I looked at the blonde girl and noticed she was shaking.

“She's gone,” she whispered.

“What?”
“She's gone. The mirror ghost got her. It’s going to get us all.”

Author Notes: Tell me what you think! This is my first time writing a ghost story, so please tell me if I did any good.

Recommend Reviews (5) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Dari-the-bookworm
Dari Poulson
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
18 Apr, 2019
Words
467
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
4.6 (5 reviews)
Views
2,691

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.