Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Moods- Part 13
Moods- Part 13

Moods- Part 13

HelloStranger𓆩קhσꫀɳi᥊𓆪
1 Review

Ezekial's pov.

I could hear dad arguing from where I sat at the top of the stairs. I didn't know who he was arguing with though. A group of strangers had come into our house earlier this evening. I don't know how many people there were or how they looked, because mom had rushed me up the stairs. She told me to stay quiet. Stay hidden. So here I sat listening to them argue back and forth.

"Get out of my house." Dad said to the strangers. I want them gone too. They had no right showing up.

"We'll leave just as soon as you give us the kid." I heard an unfamiliar voice, who had been arguing with dad say. The voice sounded like a child's

They were talking about me. I know because I'm an only child. There was no other kid mom and dad could give them. I am only 4 years old, but I had always been told I was very smart for my age. I had been listening long enough to know why they wanted me. They thought that my ability to change peoples' moods could somehow grow into a power that can read minds, or even control them. I didn't know what they were talking about though. They acted like it was certain I would be able to do that. But I had tried to read minds before and it never worked. I could only see what people were feeling and change it.

"He's not here." I hear dad tell them. I don't make a sound as the talking stops.

Even though I can't see them in the living room because of the wall that splits the room and the stairs, I know the strangers are feeling a mixture of confusion and distrust. They don't believe dad.

"Now leave." Dad says, finality in his voice.

They don't leave. I don't hear the door open. I don't hear their footsteps leaving. I don't hear anything. But I feel the tension. It's so thick I can practically see it. I don't want anything bad to happen. I just want them to leave us alone. I use my power to calm everyone down. It works. Everything is quiet for a few seconds.

"He's here." It's the same strange voice as before that breaks the silence.

"No he's n-"

*BANG*

Dad is interrupted by a loud noise that causes me to jump up.

The gunshot is followed by my mother's scream.

I run down the stairs and freeze when I see dad. He's on the floor, blood staining his green shirt. Mom is crying while pressing against the bullet wound, begging my father to stay with her. My vision blurs as tears stream down my face. I look at the group of people. I need to see who shot dad.

My eyes widen as I realize that they all look like middle schoolers. There's a girl leaning against the wall to the right of the door. She has black hair with streaks of purple, which goes with her violet eyes. Her arms were crossed and she looked bored, as if killing people was normal for her. To the left of her is a boy with light blond hair and pale skin. His light blue eyes are looking at my mom and dad with amusement. I hate him for it. To his left there is another boy who looks exactly like him, but with black hair and eyes. To his left was a girl with fiery red hair and dark green eyes. She was looking at me with a smile that was pure evil. Lastly, in front of the rest, there stood a boy with dark brown hair that was almost black, and grey eyes. He was holding a gun in one hand and looked at my dad with a smile, proud of his work.

Looking at him filled me with rage. I stared at him. Concentrating. I pictured his mind. A small glowing light. I pictured my hands grabbing it. I squeeze my hands and the light starts to flicker. I watch as the boy with the grey eyes falls to his knees. He presses his hands against his head screaming. Then he starts to disappear and reappear somewhere else. The other kids instantly try to help him. But he keeps teleporting to different places before they can reach him.

I'm still focusing on the boy when I feel mom pull me away. Once I stop concentrating on the boy he collapses onto the floor. I look at dad and wrap my arms around him, not caring about staining my clothes with his blood.

"Go." He says softly. "Go far away from here and never ever turn back." His green eyes are sad and I can't stop my own from spilling out more tears. "But no matter how far you go don't forget how much I love you." His voice is trembling with sorrow and I hug him even tighter. I don't want to let go. Not when I hear his breathing stop. Not when I see his eyes shut. Not when mom is pulling me off of him.

"Zeke we have to go." Her voice sounds far away. But I let go. I let her take me off of dad and carry me out the door, and into the car. Mom starts the car and we drive far away. Far away from home.

And far away from dad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes snap open and pain instantly fills my body. I'm breathing hard and I can feel the sweat on my neck and forehead.

I let out a sigh. It was just a bad dream.

No.

It was a bad memory.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
HelloStranger
𓆩קhσꫀɳi᥊𓆪
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
22 Feb, 2022
Genre
Type
Words
952
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
489

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.