Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Moods- Part 14
Moods- Part 14

Moods- Part 14

HelloStranger𓆩קhσꫀɳi᥊𓆪
1 Review

Ezekial's pov.

The realization that I don't know where I am hits me hard. As my eyes adjust to the moonlight coming through the window, I look around the room. The walls appeared to be a pale blue, and the ceiling is just plain white. I was connected to a couple machines located on my left, which was also where the window was. On my right I can see a door a few feet away. I squint and make out a sink on the wall across from me, between some drawers.

I hate hospitals. The last place I saw my mom was in a hospital bed.. and she wasn't alive.

I look down at my left arm and notice an IV. I don't want to be here any longer. It will just bring back more memories I'd rather forget. I swiftly pull out the IV and grit my teeth from the pain that comes with it. I continue removing the wires on my body, till my skin is bare besides the hospital gown. Pushing myself up into a sitting position is harder than I thought it would be, and takes a couple minutes. I know I probably won't be able to stand, since I'm breathing hard just from sitting up. That doesn't stop me from moving myself so my legs are dangling off the bed. I brace myself for the struggle that will come once I try to stand. I focus on trying to give all my energy to my legs. I have no idea if it will work.

Without thinking I use my arms to push myself up from the bed, and put all my weight onto my legs. I feel unsteady, as if my legs aren't mine. I'm concentrating so hard just to keep myself upright. I really wish I had a more useful power right now. If I could fly I wouldn't need to use my legs. Or if I was able to teleport, I could just teleport myself while laying down. But I don't have either of those so I'm still stuck trying to force my useless legs to walk.

It takes about five minutes of me trying and failing to take a single step before I finally realize I wasn't going anywhere. I sit back on the bed, and use my remaining strength to lay back down. I guess I'll just have to wait until someone comes in to check on me. I sigh and turn onto my side, gazing out the window. God, I hope Finn's ok. I squeeze my eyes shut to stop the tears from pouring out. The fact that I don't even know if my boyfriend is ok makes it ten times harder to relax.

I know I should get some sleep to help heal my aching body and restore my energy. But thoughts and images of Finn keep filling my mind. He's probably fine since his power would've started healing him straight away, however that doesn't help ease the protective part of me. I let this happen. If I had just been paying more attention to the road- No. It wasn't my fault. That truck came out of nowhere, there wasn't anything I could do to stop it.

Sleep comes slowly, and when it does, I welcome it.

I fall asleep hoping that Finn is ok.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
HelloStranger
𓆩קhσꫀɳi᥊𓆪
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
11 Mar, 2022
Genre
Type
Words
556
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
630

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.