Please register or login to continue

Register Login

My Superwoman
My Superwoman

My Superwoman

parijatparijat

Often I feel that getting older with each passing year will gradually impair one's movement, liveliness. The person in the 70s or 80s will be nothing but a burden on the family members or on the society. I had a belief that old age is a peril to someone's life. But, I was irrefutably, horrendously wrong. Now, how I came to my senses leads to a certain incident, occurred in my life in the past week.

It was during a phonetic session with my grandma one week back. She was staying with my aunt for the past two months. In terms of caressing the elders, it looks perfect that the aged widowed mother is actually living with the daughter. The mother should be happy, as half of her workload has gone down. She can relax now and spend the rest of her life complacently under the care of her children. But from that phone call when I learned about her wish I got dumb-struck. She was pleading to return her home as a child does. Though she is well-aware of the adversities she has to face there. Her in-laws' home gets waterlogged with the slightest of rainfall. Also, the neighbor next door will be putting up a fight without a reason. She needs to be cautious, more upfront, and full of energy to confront them and their bitter words. And there will be absolutely nobody to look after her or serve her with food and care at the time of distress. And it's a known fact that for a 70 and above aged person how tough it will be to live all by herself. She has arthritis, can not stand more than five minutes steadily. She has blurred vision, wears spectacles. She has wrinkled skin and a very skinny appearance. Though she was nonchalant, desperate to go to her own land. She is ready to face whatever comes at the cost of her freedom. That day, I found that aging can not impair or paralyze your courage if you have a daring mindset within yourself. I salute you Grandma and if you shower me with hundreds of your blessings I am not sure I can get that same aura of liveliness, strength, and perseverance as yours. You are at 70 but I literally feel the person on the other side of the call was in her twenties. Your every word was bearing energy, vigor, and positive vibes. You are my superwoman. You are a wonder and an inspiration to me. I hope your lineage will continue among us. I cherish you and love you and respect you at the utmost.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
parijat
parijat
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
30 Oct, 2021
Words
438
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
409

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.