Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Never Alone
Never Alone

Never Alone

joeygetsreal919joeygetsreal919

Mommy, I miss you so much. My heart hurts without you, especially knowing that you were the only one who could ever protect me. I'll always think of you. Always.

Love, Natty

I stared at the note I head written my beloved mother, and hot tears burned my eyes when I saw that my heartfelt words were scrawled out. The fiery liquid streamed down my face as I threw the torn piece of paper on her grave. My head hurt, and I felt dizzy. I walked down Graves Hill and furiously scrubbed tears off my face with my sweater sleeve as I walked back towards home.

Why he scribbled out the words I had dug deep to place on the paper, I don't know.

I opened the door quietly, not wanting to wake him up. If I woke him up, I'd be beaten. Just like she had. My breathe hitched at the thought of her lying bloody and discomboubulated, bits of class cutting into her face, arms, and legs. Then, editing in my face and my smaller body shape, I imagined that it was me that He took instead. I hoped he had, so my mother could be running around, free to walk and talk and live.

But then I thought about that, I realized that if she was alive, he would just continue beating her and beating her, until she would probably die anyway.

A floorboard squeaked and my breath hitched once again. The creaky house was loud, and the noise was sudden, so his head flipped around to me, and a grin like Jeff the Killer expanded across his face.

"Come here, Natty," he snarled, still smiling creepily. I took cautious steps over to the chair where he was sleeping. As soon as I was directly in front of him, his hand raised up and smacked my cheek. Hard. A shooting wave of pain and fire shot up it, and I collapsed to the gound to protect myself. I let out a pained moan.

"Where were you," he seethed. He grabbed a lump of my hair in his big meaty hand and pulled me upwards. "WHERE WERE YOU?!"

"I-I..." He struck me across the face again, then punched me in the stomach. I groaned. Tears were running down my face again. But he was still holding my hair, so I was trapped. "Daddy, you're hurting me!!!" He held my hair harder and stared me directly in the eyes.

I sighed through a choking sob. "I was at Momma's grave. Let me go, please!" Tears leaked out of my eyes again as he dropped me to the floor. My face still stung and I was trembling all over.

"You should never go to that bitch's grave again. Never, you hear me?"

I nodded, my head rubbing up against the wood floor.

"Now go to bed."

I walked into my room, my face aching, and sat down on my bed, sobbing. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that he had killed her. It wasn't fair that I was still living with him. It wasn't fair that no one cared enough to put a stop to it. It wasn't fair, it wasn't fair, it wasn't fair.

I wiped away the tears and reached under my bed. That was when I realized that I was alone in the world. I grabbed the note that my momma had given me before she died. I read it over, hearingg her voice as if she were still there...

My dearest Natalie,

If you are reading this, it probably means that tragedy has befallen me, at the hands of your father. He was always very abusive, but then he went over the edge. I am so sorry I kept you in that situation for so long, then left you with him. I always was needy and vain, and just wanted the perfect guy without having to work for him. I also wanted to tell you that I love you more than life itself. You are my baby girl, and always will be, no matter what happens to me. Stay strong against him. And tell other people everything that happens. I mean everything. And don't stop until thye listen. They need to listen.

All of my love,

Your Mother

Tears ran down my face, and I smiled through the liquid blurring my vision. Every time I read it, it was a reminder that she was still with me, no matter how hard things seemed. I was never alone.

Cracking of floorboards jarred my visions of her, and I was dead silent. Suddenly, my door flew open, and there, in the doorway, was my father.

Author Notes: Thanks for reading, people! I hope you enjoyed "Never Alone," and I hope you give it a fitting rating. Thanks again!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
joeygetsreal919
joeygetsreal919
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
13 Mar, 2020
Words
777
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
684

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.