Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Non Pianificate

Non Pianificate

By fordgurl722

A bit over a year ago, before my eighteenth birthday, I was still living with my parents. On the day in particular I was worried sick and sitting against the wall in the local supermarket bathroom. The evil little white stick, as I called it at the time, was sitting on the floor next to me. I had my eyes closed and, of course, my best friend was sitting next to me for support. The timer on my phone went off and I slowly opened my eyes. I took a deep breath and turned my head to look at the little white stick. My stomach dropped. There was the little blue plus sign. My eyes began to water with tears I refused to shed. My friend immediately hugged me and was trying to comfort me. I tried to smile but it came out as more of a frown then anything. I had luckily just graduated from high school and didn't plan to go to college for at least another year. This, however, brought my plans to join the Marines to a halt. There was no possible why I could do that now and I refused to get an abortion. I hugged my friend back and stood. We both walked out to my truck and I turned my cell phone back on. I frowned again as I realized I had a voicemail. The only person that ever left me voicemails was my dad. What was I going to tell him? He would surely be upset with me. I closed my eyes and decided I would deal with it later. I didn't even know how I was going to tell Zander yet. He needed to know before my dad did at least. My mother wasn't even a factor in the equation. She hadn't really been a part of my life for about two years now and I liked it that way. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to my friends house. I was going to her gram's camp with her for the week and we decided to get this over with before we went. All of my stuff was in the bed of my truck and now we were just heading back to get her mom's brothers and her stuff. I pulled into the driveway and we went inside. We walked upstairs and found her mom running around cleaning last minute things.
"Mom calm down no one but Zander is going to be here all week and he's only going to be here long enough three times a day to let the dogs out," I reassured her. She may as well be my mom anyways for as much as I'm there.
"I know I know I'm ready. Why don't you start putting the stuff in the basement in you truck and by the time you’re done I'll be ready," She told us. We agreed and headed to the basement and started to put the stuff in the truck. When we were done she was actually ready and grabbed a tea out of the fridge and we were off. The entire week at camp I was relaxed and I was able to keep telling Zander off my mind. On the drive home though my nerves were starting to come into play again.
“Just tell him and get it over with. If he really loves you, then you know he’ll be okay with it,” Cambrie, my best friend, told me. I agreed with her but couldn’t help thinking something was going to go wrong. As we pulled into her driveway we knew Zander was there because her dogs were outside.
“Do it when we get in there before my mom gets back,” Cambrie said as we started to unload the truck. We walked up stairs after everything was in the basement and found Zander sitting in the living room.
“Hey babe,” he smiled while walking over to me. He hugged and kissed me like he always did when he saw me.
“Hi hun,” I said with a half smile. He frowned.
“What’s wrong?”
“Maybe we should sit down,” I said leading him over to the couch. I told him about the day we left and that I had found out I was pregnant. He was quiet for a full minute and was just staring at me. I was starting to get worried when all of a sudden he smiled and jumped off the couch. He picked me up and whirled me around.
“Babe this is great. I mean I know you wanted to wait until after we got married but the wedding in less than a month. We don’t have to tell anyone until after if you don’t want to. Well I guess we have to tell our parents,” he said and spun me again. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulder. He was right the wedding was in less than a month and it wouldn’t matter anyways. Now I still have to tell me dad. This wasn’t going to go over so well.
“I need to go home today anyways and I have to tell my dad, so why don’t you tell your parents today also,” I said. He agreed and then he brought all the stuff from downstairs up and to everyone’s own room. I was going to be leaving my stuff here because until we were able to afford our own place Zander and I were staying here per mom’s request. I ran up to the spare room, well I guess now it’s my room, and found something different to wear. I slipped my flip-flops on and told Cambrie and Zander that I would be back before the end of the day with more of my things. Zander was also going home for the day to get some more of his things. I pulled out of the driveway again and headed towards my house. Once there I realized it was Saturday and that they would be out shopping so I parked in the street and opened the garage so I could get in. Walking into the basement my German Sheppard tried to jump on me and I laughed and took her upstairs to let her outside. I walked back to the room I shared with my younger sister Bella. I smiled as I walked in and realized for as much as I couldn’t wait to move out I would miss my room. I had picked the bluish green color that covers the walls and the dressers that we shared. I would even miss my bed as much as I hated it. I grabbed one of the boxes that sat on my bed and began to pack more of my stuff. I heard the car pull in the drive way and continued to pack. They would know I was here because my truck was outside. Sure enough my youngest brother Ari was running down the hallway screaming my name.
“Z! Z guess what,” he said as he threw my bedroom door open. I laughed when I saw him because he was covered in blue marker again. Every time I saw him he was covered in something.
“What is it Ari?” I said with a smiled still on my face.
“Daddy says I look like a smurf and that I would end up with your old nickname when your hair was blue. Wouldn’t that be cool!”
“Yea that would. Then we could be twins,” I said laughing again. He smiled and ran out of the room probably to tell my dad that I said we could be twins. I continued to pack and it was dinner time before I knew it and I hadn’t told my dad yet. I sighed and walked into the living room. My dad was sitting on the couch watching TV with his food on the table in front of him. I sat down next to him.
“What’s up Zephyr?” He asked giving me a one armed hug. I sighed.
“Well you see dad, I have something very important I need to tell you but you have to promise not to freak out before I can tell you,” I said looking at him. He nodded his agreement and I sighed before I told him. He was silent for a long, long time when he finally cracked a very small smile that I’m sure I wasn’t supposed to see because a second later it was replaced by a mask of anger.
“What do you mean you’re pregnant?” he asked in a very serious tone that if I hadn’t seen the smile I would have shrunk back into the couch. I hated when he used that voice.
“Please don’t be mad daddy. I can’t understand it either. We were very safe,” I told him. He finally let the smile come through.
“I couldn’t be mad at you Z. I’m excited that I’m going to be a grandparent. You are a bit young but at least you’re getting married in less than a month. I hugged him and jumped up to go eat in the kitchen with Chase, my other younger brother but the oldest of my siblings, Bella, and Ari. I told Chase and Bella and they were both excited. I couldn’t help but think that I was glad I had gotten my EMT so I wouldn’t have to worry about the Marines to much.
*One Year Later*
I picked my three month old baby boy up and spun him around. He laughed and I set him back in his play pen. I was so happy. I was living at Cambrie’s home still but it wouldn’t be for much longer. Zander and I had been saving money since the wedding for a house. We had finally saved enough for the one house we wanted that was two houses down from Cambrie’s. We would be moving in at the end of the month. I couldn’t believe my luck. I had the best husband who was supportive for everything and our baby boy was the best anyone would ask for. For now life was good.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
fordgurl722
fordgurl722
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
26 Jan, 2010
Genre
Type
Words
1,721
Read Time
8 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
3,267

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.