Please register or login to continue

Register Login

November 21st at 6:58am
November 21st at 6:58am

November 21st at 6:58am

Entangled_Fate🌸Fate
13 Reviews

Kane looked up at the dark, snowy clouds that filled the sky before his eyes zeroed in on a snowflake, following it until it hit against his skin, melting away. He tightened the red scarf around his neck before shoving his hands in his pockets. He closed his eyes, sighing to himself as he patiently waited for his classmate to interrupt his peace and quiet. What seemed like half an hour, he heard his name being called out in the distance, making him open his eyes to see someone on the other side of the street.

"Kane!" She called out happily while smiling at him. She stopped and waited for the traffic light to cross went green then speed walked towards him giggling.

He noticed she wore her white heavy snow jacket with her red scarf around her neck and the cold flushed her cheeks. He gave her a questioning look when she said to hold both his hands out in front of him. He did what he was told, and in return, she placed something warm and fuzzy in hands. Looking down, he saw a small black Bombay kitten rubbing happily against his hand. He looked back at his classmate for an explanation.

Her eyes shown determination as she looked back at him. "I was coming from a friend's house, and I found this small kitten all alone in the cold. I just couldn't leave it where it was to die." A frown soon appeared on her face, when the kitten mewed. He was about to ask why she was making that face, but she interrupted him with a question. "What are today's date and time?"

He pulled out his phone to check, "It is November 21st. 7:45 am." He had watched her sigh before she started to smile. "Here take your kitten back." He paused before speaking again. "And I need to tell you something important."

She nodded and held out her hands as he was about to place the kitten there, but it jumped off and sat in the middle of the road, licking its paw. Without thinking, she ran out into the street, even when the traffic light to cross glowed bright red.

The truck driver wasn't paying attention until it was too late; when he heard her choking scream.

Blood splattered all over the ground. He ran to her and cradled her in his arms. Shouting her name, he pleaded for help. He heard the kitten mew, looking where it was, he saw it licking blood off her hand. He closed his eyes taking in a shaking breath before opening them again, only to see a hand waving in his face. He looked down shocked to see his classmate looking well.

She tried her best to get his attention before glaring at him. "Why do you look so shocked to see me? Oh, don't tell me! You finally realized you had feelings for me."

He brought his hand up to her face before he dropped it to his side because he knew it was just a small dream. Instead, he looked at her annoyed then turned to look straight ahead, ignoring her. He heard her giggle to herself before asking him to take out his hands to give him something. He stared at her and decided to ignore her again.

She pouted at him. "What got you all grumpy? I just wanted to show you the kitten I found on my way here."

"I don't like cats." In the corner of his eye, he watched her as she snuggled with the kitten, making him look at it in disgust until the bus arrived to pick them up. Only to be denied because the bus was filled and being told to go to the bus stop three blocks away. He side glanced at her before she smiled softly at him, telling him to lead the way. Walking down the sidewalk in silence made him shift uncomfortably before he stopped and turned to look at her.

"What is the matter, Kane?"

He took a deep breath and began to speak, "I need to tell you something. Kali, I-" He was cut off when they heard bystanders shouting and pointing up at the sky. He looked up to see beams falling from the building beside them and followed them down to see one pierce through her heart and splitting her in two. A ringing noise like an old wind chime and a bloody scream rang in everyone's ears. Blood was dripping everywhere and the choking smell of her lingered in the air.

His eyes widened in shock as he saw her die to look at him. He closed his eyes tightly wishing that the image he just saw was just his imagination. Opening them, he saw his classmates looking concerned at him. Before she could touch his cheek to see if he was alright. He flinched and backed away from her.

Thinking nothing strange by it, she kept quiet for a few minutes. "I really don't like the winter time." She commented as she took a kitten out of her hoodie. He paid no attention to her words and grabbed on to her wrist tightly running the opposite direction of the bus stop that was only three blocks away.

She saw the open sewer drain up ahead in the sidewalk and tried her best to yank herself away from him until she decided to yell. "Kane stop!" He looked at her scared until she engulfed him into a hug. "I don't know what is going on, but I am here. Please calm down and let's talk about it. We can go to the sushi place down the road from here come on."

He nodded but just stood there frozen. She went behind him and pushed him forward until he could walk on his own and moved next to him. He looked down to her peaceful face then continued to look down at her hand. She clutched his hand before reaching out to her own.

The jewelry robber ran towards them and violently bumped into to her making her fall back into the sewer drain. Blood was dripping from the side of the open drain where she hit her head. Kane barely could register what had just happened. He looked at the robber that fell when he bumped into the girl. The robber pleaded and tried to say he was sorry but all he could do was hear the white noise. He grabbed his head while tears started to pour from his eyes.

He couldn't believe that this was the third time he saw her die. Questioning why he didn't grab her hand sooner either. All he could do was blame himself for what was happening to her. He just hoped when he closed his eyes that she would be there again. He gave one last look at her bloody dead body before closing his eyes for a little while and reopening fast to see his classmate flinch at his sudden movement.

"Kane! Don't do that. You scared the living hell out of me when you suddenly decided to wake up." She pouted while looking at him. Before she could say anything else, he engulfed her into a hug. She tilted her head to look at him. "Kane, are you alright?"

He shook his head before pulling her away from him to look at her face, "I will protect you." That was the only thing he said as he hugged her again.

The cat jumped out of her arms and sat in the middle of the street. She was about to run after it, but he caught her wrist and pulled her back making her fall into his chest.

"Let go; I need to get the kitten." She tried to yank her hand out of his grip, but he firmly held it.

"No."

"But Kane, the kitten will be-" Before she could finish her sentence that kitten got run over by the truck. She covered her mouth in horror before ripping her wrist out of his hands and ran away from him crying.

"Shit." He watched her run away before running after her himself. Seeing her turn a corner into an ally, he began to run as fast as he could. Running into the ally, he saw her not too far away, but a sudden gunshot made him jump a bit and slow down when he saw her fall to the ground. Without much doubt, he knew that the dark red liquid around her wasn't his imagination. The smell of fresh blood started to make him feel dizzy and sick.

He fell to his knees once he was next to her, seeing that her eyes were looking past his soul. The gunshot he heard indeed killed her, the bullet hole between her eyes proved to be so. He couldn't take it anymore and deposited his stomach contents all over the ground before tightening his eyes closed, wanting the day to restart.

He opened his eyes again looking dull as ever going through the same process of seeing her die. Most days, he tried to prevent it, others he just couldn't bring himself to do anything but dread the next way she would be killed. Even if the day kept repeating, he kept count, and so far five years had passed with nothing but sadness and misery.

Seeing her burnt body on the ground, he closed his dulled eyes and reopened them to see his smiling classmate. He gave her a soft smile which caused the girl to blush.

"Eh, Kane. Why are you looking at me like that?"

He shrugged at her and looked at what she carried in her hand. Before giving a second thought, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a soft kiss. Her eyes widened in surprise until he pulled away and watched the kitten jump down and sit in the middle of the street. She realized it and went for the kitten. Before she reached it, Kane pulled her away and put himself in the way of the oncoming truck.

Blood splattered everywhere, and Kali's screams filled the air. Seeing him smile at her with his body twisted and bruised made her cover her eyes in horror.

The sound of the alarm met her ears making her open her eyes; she could feel her tears going down her cheeks. She turned towards her window looking outside and muttering to herself, "Guess I failed again." Her alarm went off again, but she made no move to look at it because she knew what it said.

November 21st

6:58 am

Author Notes: Copyright ©2013-2016 Entangled Fate. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means. Without prior permission of the author, Entangle Fate

Recommend Reviews (13) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Entangled_Fate
🌸Fate
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
23 Oct, 2016
Words
1,773
Read Time
8 mins
Favorites
11 (View)
Recommend's
3 (View)
Rating
Views
15,201

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.