Please register or login to continue

Register Login

On the Fence About Love (Part 2)
On the Fence About Love (Part 2)

On the Fence About Love (Part 2)

Depressed_NobodyMadison_Writes
1 Review

Previously...

Something about him made my heart skip a beat and beat faster at the same time. What he did to me was the same thing Jenna did, and they did it without even noticing.


As I got into the 'family van' I could feel my head spinning and my hands becoming clammy. Jesus Hallie! Pull yourself together! You can't get yourself all worked up over the simple thought of another human being! You're being pathetic. I thought to myself. My mom must have noticed I spaced out.

"Hallie? Earth to Hallie!"

I snapped back to reality. "Huh? Oh, sorry. Just thinking about homework..." Is it a bad thing I find it so easy to lie to my parents?

As we drove to school my mom was going on about some work gossip. At least that's what I think it was. I couldn't stop thinking about Cory and Jenna enough to even take in any other outside information. We pulled up to the school and the first person I saw was Ella. Ella was my best friend up until eighth grade, when I decided to tell her about my feelings.


I remember it perfectly, we were sitting in our local gas station's parking lot.

"So I was thinking, you should come over to my place this--" Ella began to say.

"Um, I don't know... I need to tell you something first, and I don't know how you'll react."

Ella eyed my suspiciously while slurping on her blue raspberry slush-E.

I took a deep breath and blurted it out. Ella's face showed disgust, anger. disappointment, shock and confusion.

"Hallie this isn't funny. If this is some sick twisted joke you need to tell me. Hallie this really isn't--"

"It's definitely not a joke..." I could feel my cheeks getting red and hot so I just stared down at the ground. It was silent for a few minutes, but then Ella spoke, her words like venom and forever engraved into my memory.

"So, you're a fag now?" When I looked up I saw her eyes, they were blazing with hatred. "Because if you're a faggot now we can not seen together, we can't talk anymore, and we can not friends anymore. I'm not associating myself with you and your dirty kind."

Kind? Dirty? Can't be friends? "Ella! You're my best friend! We have been best friends since we were both in second grade! You can't just--"

"You weren't a dirty little queer back then!" She stormed off. So, there I was, in an empty gas station parking lot alone, crying my eyes out because from now on all I will ever be is a 'dirty little queer' in the eyes of my best friend.


I got out of the car and slowly made my way up to the school building, avoiding contact with Jenna, Ella and Cory. I got to my home room and sat down in the far back. I do this in every class so I don't draw too much attention to myself. I still get the occasional dirty look, mean note and glance from Ella, but I expected it. She may not like it, but we were best friends for years. She can't just up and completely forget about me. It doesn't matter how much or how badly she wants too.

To be continued...

Author Notes: Sorry if part 2 was a little short. I hope you guys enjoy.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Depressed_Nobody
Madison_Writes
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
8 May, 2016
Genre
Type
Words
555
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,919

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.