Please register or login to continue

Register Login

One Time Pt.1
One Time Pt.1

One Time Pt.1

TorchiiTorchii

Erza sat in his room and stared at his ceiling, as he always did. He sat on the floor instead of the bed because he grew tired of the bed conforming to his body. He enjoyed the cold, hard ground that would slowly take away his energy and plunge him into a deep sleep. There, he could escape from the harsh reality that was his world. Time after time, day after day, he would fall asleep on the floor, with his head on the carpet so that he didn't get a headache, and would wake up in his bed, and stare out at the starry sky. He would be too tired to get up and lay down on the floor, so he submitted to his mattress' temptations and fall asleep under its covers.

Every morning Erza would pull himself out of his bed, and into his clothes. Sluggishly he would drag himself around his house until it was time for him to go to school. He lived close enough that he could walk, just 15 minutes to school. Every morning he would meet up with his best friend Elizabeth, and they would walk silently for a few minutes.
"Did you see the football game last night?" Erza would say, and Elizabeth would just shrug her shoulders. Erza ignored it and the two would continue walking until they finally reached the school.

Erza breezed through school and aced his calculus tests, he could name every president in history, and knew every formula in chemistry. At lunch he and Elizabeth would sit silently as they ate ham sandwiches that Elizabeth's mother had packed for them the night before, and when the bell rung, they put their trash in the trash can. Every day Erza would offer a Tootsie Roll or Dum-Dum to Elizabeth, but every time she would put it in her pocket and walk to her class. The days seemed to blur to Erza. Nothing exiting ever happened. No fights ever broke out. No pep rally or large football games would happen, so he only thought of school as a necessity, a piece in the puzzle of life.

After school would end, he would walk out and Elizabeth would be waiting for him out front. Together they would walk until they made it to Elizabeth's house, and they would sit down outside, in her back yard, and do their homework. After some time, her mother would come out and give them a glass of strawberry lemonade. And when they were finished, they would part ways and Erza would go to his house and continue his cycle that he had everyday, and she would go inside to her house to tend to her duties.

One time, when Erza went home, something stirred deep inside him, and he couldn't go to sleep. He layed down on his floor, head on his carpet, and stared at the ceiling. Time after time he would close his eyes and attempt to fall asleep, but everytime, he couldn't.

When the sun began to set and light no longer iluminated his room, he heard his door creak open. His mother walked in slowly and quietly over to his lifeles body. She picked him up and carried him to his bed. Her cold hands stung his neck, but he kept his eyes closed and remained still. She tucked him under his covers, as he always had when he laid down on the floor. When she left his room and closed his door, he finnaly opened his eyes, and saw that there was little to no light left in his room. Slowly, what had been stiring in him that afternoon began to surface, and he knew, all he wanted was change and difference. A twist in his life. So that night, as he layed in his bed, he thought. He twisted and turned and came up with a plan, to change his life and break out of the endless cycle he had been in.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Torchii
Torchii
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
10 Nov, 2021
Words
663
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
397

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.