Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Oof
Oof

Oof

Quinn34Quinn34
1 Review

Clark and Daryl weren't exactly the best of friends. In the summer of '16, Clark pushed Daryl down a steep hill and with luck ringing in the air, Daryl survived the fall and ended up with a few scrapes on his pale arms. They loved each other as much as oil and water mixed. I wasn't quite sure of the nature of their relationship; both boys spoke ill of each other yet smiled at each other's jokes. I suppose it was a love-hate relationship.

Although the hate was much potent than the love part. Perhaps relationship is too much of a word with too much meaning. It was rather a ship; waiting to sink yet managed to defy the law of physics and stay afloat for about 2 years or so. The boys -as the universe would have it- were paired together in almost every class. The teachers were masterminds, much more ingenious than Albert Einstein or Mozart.

It did not come as a shock when Daryl, in the middle of Economics class stood up and announced his departure from our state and into a different country. His mother served in the army, and he moved frequently. He would babble about the countries he had visited but would never reveal the details of his social life. We, the school, had assumed that he simply did not have time to make friends with the constant moving.

We wrote him goodbye letters and it was at the end of the day that we noticed Clark's absence. Like a whisper, he had simply vanished without a trace. The disappointment engraved on Daryl's face was quite sad; sort of like a baby registering pain for the first time. Daryl found Clark seated upon the old boulder near the park and allegedly, "crying his stupid eyes out."

I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS TRYING TO DO. HORRENDOUS, HENCE THE TITLE.

Author Notes: It's titled oof because, in the middle of writing, my brain went into writer's block mode.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Quinn34
Quinn34
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
8 Jan, 2019
Words
315
Read Time
1 min
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,601

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.