- Good afternoon, sir. Can I see your papers, please?
- Is there a problem, officer? I don’t think I was speeding, was I?
- I said: papers.
- … uhm… all right. Here they are.
- Are you the person on this ID?
- Yes, I am.
- This picture isn’t very recent.
- Can I take a look? … No it isn’t.
- I’m afraid I’ll have to bring you in, sir.
- What? Because my picture isn’t very up-to-date?
- No sir, because of the consequences it might have.
- Such as?
- Well… you might run into someone you bullied as a kid and who is now a cop.
Author Notes: Hervé SUYS (°1968 - Ronse, Belgium) started writing short stories whilst recovering from a sports injury and hasn't stopped yet. He usually writes them hatless and barefooted.