Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Pareidolia
Pareidolia

Pareidolia

taehyungsmulletlol⁷
1 Review

Monday is my favorite day. It signifies new beginnings. In November, Monday is always crisp and bright, even if it was storming the night before. On Mondays, it feel is like anything is posssible.

It helps that my name is Monday.

When I was seven, I learned that a pen is mightier than a sword. I learned that I loved to write. To have the ability to create magic? Yes, please!

It was a Monday when I first discovered pareidolia. It may not seem like a big deal to you (everyone sees shapes in the clouds anyway), but it was to me, I saw Harry Potter zooming around the clouds. I saw Pochahantas runnig on a seemingly blank brick wall.

For the longest time, these occurances were inspiration for my stories. A girl who sees things, magic, she believes, that others cannot.

But then, one day, I stopped seeing magic. Pareidolia had left me.

So, I set off to find it. I flew with Peter Pan, swam with the Little Mermaid, and hiked with Frodo Baggins. I felt magical and powerful. Unstoppable. And finally, I caught it.

Of course, no one believes me when I say I can see faces in groves and shapes in the water. They write it off with the prettiest name possible: pareidolia. They say its a symptom of schrizopenia. But I know better. Just ask the sun and she'll tell you: theres magic in everything.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
taehyungsmullet
lol⁷
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
27 Nov, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
240
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,239

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.