Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Patience's Virtue
Patience's Virtue

Patience's Virtue

apemannAndy (Formerly Apemann)

“Of course I want to, you know that. I do love you” Patience said earnestly. “It's just that, you know, I have to be sure” she added less confidently.

“What's that supposed to mean?” the handsome young man beside her said, a little indignantly. “Either you want to or you don't. There isn't really any other option.” he told the equally attractive young woman.

“It's a big step for me, that's all I'm saying, Lucas. Please try and understand”

“Hey, I know what this means to you and I would not want you to do anything you're not comfortable with. It's just that, well, this is a special occasion after all, Patience.” he told her.

“I know, I know.” Patience agreed with a soft sigh. “I'm not sure that I'm really ready yet. I'm sorry.”

“Not ready?” Lucas yelped. “How can you not be ready. We've been planning this night for the past year or more!”

He shot to his feet and began to pace the floor, the limited space in the bedroom restricting him to five paces forward and the same five paces back to the bed.

“Don't be angry with me, darling!” Patience cried, her voice thickening as tears threatened to fall. “We'll get there, honestly. I just need a little more time” she told the frustrated man she loved so much.

“How much longer, Patience?” Lucas demanded. “You promised you would be ready tonight. You told me that you wanted this night to be special, to be the most memorable night of our lives. You swore to me that our wedding night would be a night we would never forget. Well, you have certainly come through on that promise, haven't you?” he spat as he fled the bedroom slamming the door behind him.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
apemann
Andy (Formerly Apemann)
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
23 Mar, 2016
Genre
Words
296
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
2,844

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.