Please register or login to continue

Register Login

POLAR BEARS ON THIN ICE
POLAR BEARS ON THIN ICE

POLAR BEARS ON THIN ICE

Rosemarywaseelah

One long dark arctic winter, mother polar bear gave birth to two cubs. The cubs Icy, and Snowy lay snug and warm inside the snow cave with their mother.

Mother polar bear waited for months in her den for her cubs to get strong enough. Then she came out with them weak and starving. "Come my little ones, it is time to see the outside world and learn how to hunt."She Said .

The mother polar bear needed energy fast, so she swam with her cubs to the edge of the ice cap to find food. A rippled in the water caught her attention. With a mighty stroke of her paws she quickly caught the Seal and began eating it with her cubs. Suddenly the ice broke and mother and babies became separated. "Noooo," mother bearscreamed in horror. Snowy and Icy stared in shock.

The two little cubs felt very sad as they saw their mother floating away in the distance. "I do not understand what is going on Snowy," Icy whispered in horror. Snowy did not answer but whimpered quietly.

For days the two cubs huddled together inside the cave hungry and cold, and waiting for their mother's return.

One day Icy stood on her hind legs and shouted excitedly to her sister, "Snowy I can see mother coming back!" The Cubs were very happy to see her. Icy and Snowy ran straight into the waiting arms of their mother. "Please don't ever leave us again." They both cried as they desperately clung to her.

Snowy looked at her Mother, and said, "I am so afraid of going on the ice mother." "Can You please explain to us why the Ice broke Mother?" asked Icy. Mother answered, "Okay , after we have eaten something and rest I will tell you both the story about how the earth is getting too warm and causing the Ice caps to melt."

"Later mother began her Story ....."Human Activities are to be blamed for what happened to Us." Mother continued ................"because of the humans the climate is changing and hot temperatures are causing the ice cap to melt. "We Polar Bears need ice for breeding, raising our young, hunting, and traveling. "If the humans do not stop their activities it would be dangerous for us. We will not be able to hunt and get food, and our bodies can get overheated because we need cold temperatures to survive."

What can we do to save ourselves and stop the Ice from melting?" asked Icy. Mother answered, "Nothing, only the human will have to limit their Activities."

Author Notes: This is the first short children book the author has written, and hope to continue doing so.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Rosemary
waseelah
About This Story
Audience
PG
Posted
28 Mar, 2018
Words
431
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,402

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.