Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Prophecy Child (Part 10)
Prophecy Child (Part 10)

Prophecy Child (Part 10)

AviannaBlitzø
1 Review

"That was INTENSE," Apollo laughed.
"Are you okay?" Wes asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Apollo said, staring up at the boulder.
He squinted at the figures behind the rock.
"Not nice!" He called out to them.
There was a small silence before someone replied.
"I only threw it 'cause I knew you'd be able to dodge," a young voice shouted back.
Apollo let out a small gasp.
A little girl about seven poked her head out of the shadows.
Apollo's eyes widened as he looked up at the girl.
"Rina!" he yelped.
The girl hopped down the rocks to Apollo with bare feet.
The closer she got the more amazed Wes became. Her left eye was a mix of pink and yellow while the one on her right was completely black. She had golden waves of hair flowing off her head and she was wearing a loose, grey dress with black splotches all over it like burns. But the thing that astonished Wes the most was her bird-like wings. The one on the right was shriveled up, torn, and black but her left wing looked perfect and white. Now that Wes had a good look at her he realized that her entire right side looked evil.
"Hi, Apollo," she called.
"Hey!" Apollo smiled, "You haven't happened to see an old man or a grumpy lady with a gun around the mountain, have ya'?"
The girl stopped in front of Apollo who had stood up after she popped her head out of the dark.
"Actually," she thought for a moment, "I've seen both!"
"Where?" Apollo panicked.
"At the top of the mountain," she looked back at the boulder where the other person had stayed.
"Who did you bring with you?" Apollo asked her.
"The grumpy lady," she shared, looking at Apollo, "She's the one who told me to throw a rock at you."
She paused.
"But she told me to actually aim for your head."
Apollo glared at the giant rock.
"Wait," Wes interrupted, looking at Apollo, "Why didn't you think of climbing the mountain?"
Apollo realized that they had only been searching around the mountain instead of going up it.
"You didn't think of climbing it either," Apollo pointed out.
"Yeah but you were the one that was leading," Wes argued.
"Alright," the other figure from behind the rock called, stepping in front of the boulder to reveal Ms. G, "Let's not make this a fight."
Wes and Apollo stopped fighting and turned to face Ms. G as she shuffled around stones.
"After all," she continued, "We still have to find Dagrod."
Apollo paused for a moment, trying to make sense of what Ms. G had just said.
"I thought Rina saw Dagrod too," Apollo said, "What do you mean 'find' him?"

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Avianna
Blitzø
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
13 May, 2021
Words
461
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
709

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.