Please register or login to continue

Register Login

QUOXOTIC - Chapter 4
QUOXOTIC - Chapter 4

QUOXOTIC - Chapter 4

Shaun5piDer

The streets are swarmed with people who are out to the markets or just spend leisure time. Holographic advertisements fill the air with different languages and LED striped lights shaped of arrows pointing toward their shops for attraction. Fights erupt by drunkards at the bars sometimes end with some laying on the ground and not getting back up. In a few seconds, scavengers crawl over the body to loot for mechanical parts leaving nothing much behind.

As I was walking up the stairs to my front door, I noticed a skinny man standing outside looking vigilant. He had a red glowing eyeball and his left hand looked like there was a blade compartment. As I walked nearer to the front door he stopped me by placing his left hand on my chest and said "You don't wanna be in there." He looked toward the door and it was left opened. "Don't touch her!" I exclaimed. Immediately I pushed the direction of his hand away from my chest before his blade comes out and stabs me. I twist his hand and pointed his blade toward him thrusting it into his chest. He made a slight gasp and his eyes looks at me in the eye like he didn't expect it.

I ran into my house and it was being ransacked. Two muscular men with the same demonic teeth-looking tattoo on their face stopped what they were doing and looked at me. "Where are the parts? Argh!" They asked and made their way to me. In two seconds the man nearer to me will grab my neck and choke me while the other man will sheath his blade. "Argh!" Before he grabs me I grab his hand away from my neck and push him toward his partner. With his partners blade pointing in our direction, I push him straight into the blade and they both smash into the wall. With all my strength and anger I punch the other man until it crushed his face. His eye sparks and a few wires dangle out with his face with blood dripping out.

I look at my hands with disgust and I froze. "Love..love! Where are you!" She was all I could think of. "Please be safe I'm here!" I frantically search the house and she slowly opens the room door. She stood there shaking and crying in terror but looked untouched. I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm here I'm here. It's ok. You're safe. Did they touch you?"

"They didn't touch me. I'm not hurt." She looked at my bloody hands and she gasps.

"Hey it's not mine. It's not mine. We're fine. Tell me, what do they want? Who are they?" I asked.

She tried to explain but she kept stuttering. "They wanted..they wanted some device..Bo.. Boss said they would be rich if they had it. Scavengers like you get good loot."

"I'll always protect you no matter what. Stay here, I think I know where they're going next."

I help her sit down and thought for a minute. It's common for scavengers to keep good parts they find in the junkyard and not give it to their bosses to sell or else they'll never earn a living. Bosses at the scavenger shops make more money then honest workers like me. But I never steal parts. Not me. Gangs won't stop until they get what they want.

I run quickly to my shop as fast as I could knocking into people. "Boss! Get outta there!" Before I got in the shop a man walked out the shop holding some device and stood there. It's the gang leader who stabbed me days ago and he's back for parts I scavenged. "I'll spare his life but you and him work for me now." He said. "Arhh!" My boss charges to the man with a metal pipe and he turned around, pulled out a gun and *PEW*.

His neck has a visible hole while blood leak through his veins and he drops to the floor. The metal pipe rolls on the ground and stops at my foot. "Bring this to her" he ordered his men. If I do nothing now, I would be a slave to these men. "Three of my boys didn't make it back from your house. I had word that you killed them. You're different you know, I am so surprised someone like you- argh.." I stab him with the blade I dismantled from the man that ransacked my house. "You should've killed me when you had the chance at the junkyard." I brought him nearer to me as I whisper into his ears "You'll stay away from me and her." as I thrust the blade deeper into his heart. With his final breath he told me "You're special.. she'll come for you." and pointed his finger at me until it slowly drops.

In a split second I took his gun and fired at his two other men that were charging to me. The tip of the gun releases a smoke and the air feels of death. The busy streets stop to look at a monster who kills now. I drop the gun and walk back to my house.

Author Notes: Thank you for reading Chapter 4 of Quixotic! Any types of feedback or comments are much appreciated. I will release more chapters soon :)

Longer description 

QUIXOTIC is a story of a man who lives in the 30th century when technology is so advanced that humans and robots, AI live among each other as a natural state of the population. Despite living in an advanced world, he still faces the struggles of being an outcast, getting bullied and lives a low life. The only thing meaningful to him is his lover who is with him no matter what. After years of being lonely and depressed, he finally loses his tolerance level and does something which changes his life. What will he discover?

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Shaun
5piDer
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
9 Apr, 2020
Words
875
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
634

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.