Please register or login to continue

Register Login

RABBIT MAYHEM
RABBIT MAYHEM

RABBIT MAYHEM

herculeshercules

It was a peaceful day in the woods. The Sun was shining through the trees, squirrels were scampering about and birds were flying above in a cloudless blue sky.

But there was something going on, which didn’t fit in with the peacefulness. That something, was none other than Elmer Fudd chasing Bugs Bunny with a gun.

“Come back here you wretched rabbit,” he said angrily.

Bugs jumped into a rabbit hole, only just missing being shot.

“Come out of there rabbit.”

Nothing happened.

“Come out of there I said.”

Bugs climbed out of another hole nearby, holding a club with a spiked steel ball on the end and crept towards Elmer.

“If you don’t come out of there after I’ve counted to three. One, two – “

Bugs swung the club at Elmer’s backside.

“YOW!!!”

Elmer leapt in the air, before landing in a patch of thistles. He got up and saw Bugs running away.

“I’ll get that rabbit if it’s the last thing I do.”

Elmer followed Bugs, who disappeared to the left.

“Where’d he go?” he asked, when he reached the spot where Bugs had disappeared.

He suddenly spotted a log cabin.

“I bet he’s in there.”

Elmer was just about to enter the cabin, when the door opened. Out of it, there came a lumberjack with long curly red hair, a red beard and a red moustache.

Elmer had not the faintest suspicion that the lumberjack, was Bugs in disguise.

“Excuse me, but have you seen a grey and white rabbit anywhere?” he asked.

“Why certainly my good man. He’s just inside the cabin.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Elmer entered the cabin – only to find boxes, barrels, sacks and piles of explosives, all ready to go off.

“I’d better get out of here.”

He escaped from the cabin – just in time.

BANG!!!

The entire cabin exploded.

He then noticed the lumberjack’s clothes on the ground and saw Bugs running away.

“I’ll get that rabbit and I know just the way.”

So Elmer tried again to catch Bugs.

He was going to lay a trail of carrots for Bugs to follow. After that, he was going to hide in some bushes at the end and go for the kill.

So he began to lay a trail of carrots, totally unaware that Bugs was watching him through the bushes.

Along the way he dropped one without realising.

“Excuse me sir, but you dropped one.”

Elmer turned round and saw Bugs standing right behind him, holding the carrot.

“Oh, thanks.”

Bugs gave Elmer the carrot and darted off.

“Wait a minute. That was the wretched rabbit.”

Elmer was just about to go after Bugs, when the carrot exploded in his face.

“I’ll have that rabbit,” Elmer fumed. “I’ll have him.”

When Bugs saw Elmer coming, he disappeared to the right and bumped into Lola Bunny, who was heading in the opposite direction.

“I wouldn’t continue in that direction,” he said.

“Why ever not?” asked Lola.

“Because there’s a poacher coming after me.”

“A poacher?”

“Yes. He’ll be after you too if you continue. We must hide.”

“We’ll hide in the bushes here.”

Bugs and Lola hid in some bushes, just as Elmer came in sight.

“I’ve been outsmarted again,” Elmer said angrily.

“You stay here,” Lola whispered.

She left the bushes before Bugs could act and faced Elmer.

“So you’re the one who’s after that poor rabbit?” she asked.

“Why certainly. Have you seen him?”

“I have.”

“Where’d he go?”

“I’m not saying.”

“So you won’t tell me, eh?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Very well. I’ll have you instead.”

Elmer pointed his gun at Lola.

“Oh no you don’t,” said Bugs, who appeared out of the bushes, wearing a large red boxing glove on his right hand.

Before Elmer had the chance to take action, Bugs punched him in the face, extremely hard, sending him back against a tree.

Elmer got to his feet, only to find that his own gun was being pointed at him by Lola.

I’d better get away from here,” he said.

Elmer turned and ran as fast as his legs could carry him, in order to get away from Bugs and Lola, who fired shot after shot.

THAT’S ALL FOLKS

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hercules
hercules
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Aug, 2022
Words
700
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
550

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.