Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Redemption-Part Seven
Redemption-Part Seven

Redemption-Part Seven

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(Bren's pov.)

People stand holding candels, staring at me as I walk forward, and over to the tree. The tree we hit, I run my fingers over the rough healing marks on the tree. I take a deep breath and clutch the old peice of paper. "Hi, I am Bren. I was Jace's boyfriend. I was in the car when we crashed. "

My hands are trembiling and my eyes are watering, I let the tears stain my cheecks. "For these past few months I have been going to counseling. I felt as if I had to redem myself for letting Jace die and then I realized that it wasn't my fault, that it wasn't his fault." Jace's mom smiles over at me, clutching my mom's arm. I smile back.

"Jace wanted to be a writer, he would have done amazing things. I found these writings of his yesterday and I would lik to read them to you. "

I take a deep breath, lean back against the tree, wipe away my tears, and hold my candle to the papers to read.

"I remeber the day I feel in love with you; how the sun was just setting and causing the sky to shine in bright alive colours, how you were laughing so hard you couldn't breath, and how we were sitting on my bed supposed to be playing video games.I remeber every detail of your face;the light freckles that dust your cheecks and eyelids, your dark deep cavernous blue eyes, your sweet gentle smile, and your long lashes falling against your cheecks when you blink. I love you."

I stop and take a deep breath, shifting to the next page.

"Sometimes I ask myself;Who Am I? think I have finally figured it out. I am the broken peices of colored glass when you drop a christmas ornamet, the splattered paint on the floor of an art studio, the ray of sun shine coming in through your blinds. I am the empty vase at the bottom of your cupboard, the particles of dust floating in the air, the to short pencil at the bottom of your school bag, the weeds inbetween the cracks in the sidewalk, the faded ink on your palms, the doodles in your notebook, the bits of grass on the bottom of your shoe. I am every little thing and every big thing, you don't have to notice me but only know I am there. You don't have to except me but know I am not going away. I am part of everything and everything is a part of me. I am one of the small things making up this population. I am the things no one pays attention to but always know is there, I am just another person living in a world full of people. I am me."

I close my eyes, holding back tears, I fold the paper, and walk back to my car. I open the car door and let the tears fall, my head against th dashboard, the papers clutched to my chest.

"I love you Jace. Forever."

Author Notes: Hope you enjoy

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
3 Feb, 2021
Words
517
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
489

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.