Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Redemption- Part Six
Redemption- Part Six

Redemption- Part Six

BookNerd123Black Sheep
1 Review

(Bren´s pov.)

I pull into the cemetary parking area, grab the bouget of lilies, and the letter. I lock my car door and walk the familiar path to where he is buried. On a hill, underneath a weeping willow tree with a stone bench, underneath a headstone lays my dead boyfriend.

The bench is cold underneath me, on the bench sits a black lock box full of letters. I unlock it and pull out the first fairly short letter. I begin to read, like I do everytime I come here.

¨You cannot be gone, you have to be here. We were going to do so many great things You and I against the world. Come back to me. I am sorry.¨

The second letter is longer.

¨You shouldn´t have let yourself die, you couldv´e stayed. YOu couldv´e waited. BUT YOU FUCKING LEFT ME. I hate this. I am sorry.¨

The third letter is the shortest of all.

¨Trade places with me, they need you more. Take me instead. I am sorry.¨

The one I wrote today before I come here is number five and it is the longest.

¨I love you. You were smiling when I came back. What were you thinking about? You were still warm, they said you knew you were dying. Is that why you told me to go because you didn want me to see? I am glad you made me go, I wouldn´t be able to watch that. You were my best friend, the only person I have ever loved or wanted to. Your hoodie dosen´t smell like you anymore and your shampoo has ran out, I cannot find more. Your shoes give me blisters, the book gets better everytime I read it. I love your writing, I went back and read them. You were going to do amazing things. They are having a memorial for you tonight, I am going to read something you wrote me awhile ago.

I love you. Goodbye, my love.¨

I place the letter in the box and lock it. I trace my fingers over the engraving on his headstone.

Jace S. Bellens

2/06/03- 6/23/2020

¨I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.¨
-Bansky

I set the lilies down, his favorite, and let the tears fall.

¨I love you, Jace.¨

I turn and walk away.

Author Notes: Tell me if you want another part or if this is the perfect ending.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Feb, 2021
Words
412
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
583

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.