Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Reid: Revenge Part 10
Reid: Revenge Part 10

Reid: Revenge Part 10

Sepperince19Sepperince

This can’t be happening. This can’t be happening. This Cannot Be Happening. Were the only words that were going through his head but his early childhood training took over in the moment of weakness.

“I’m Reid,” he said, stepping forward and giving his hand to shake, “Callum is Dryade. You now know who Flint is and Everett is the other one. Willow is the girl. I’m sure they would be happy to show you around. Now if you could excuse me, I have some business to attend to.” The overly formal reply was like a defense mechanism gone off.

He knew it would hurt later when he saw Bradford’s face. Braford spent years getting him to drop the formalness and one mess up had it coming back, it was going to hurt him so much. But there was no time for him, so he had to leave before they all got out of their stupor.

He ran for his room, grabbed the safety pack, and was down the outside brick wall in 15 seconds flat. He would know, he made himself train for it.

He was not ready to give up his secrets, he couldn’t. It would destroy them. He knew it would, he could see the lengths they were going to, to ‘protect’ the family Walter Bradford created. Not that any of the others, excluding Flint, knew his first name, Reid had made sure of that, to them he was only Bradford Jay.

He always watched from the background, but he knew them all almost as well as they knew themselves. All of his information was not only written in a hundred different places, it was backed up on so many drives, and he never forgot a thing. That caused problems, but he became adept at lying.

Now his thoughts were only on getting to the main drives directly connected to himself. If he could get rid of those he would be clear of leaked secrets, both his and others. He would not only erase all of the memory on file, he would take out the information storage unit, smash them to pieces, and light them on fire. He could not be the reason his family would have to give up on the carefully constructed life they had built.

That thought brought him back to Flint. Reid was the family confidant he knew so much about all of them, they could tell him the hard things, he would not treat them any differently with each admission only give support. Flint had told him his worries for the family that they were only tough on the exterior and they were inching closer to absolute destruction. Because, when it exploded it was going to be a supernova, and there was no stopping it. Flint was especially worried about Callum. He couldn't control his emotional outbursts because they were only taught to use them.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sepperince19
Sepperince
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Apr, 2022
Genre
Type
Words
481
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
442

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.