Please register or login to continue

Register Login

A SAILOR'S WORST NIGHTMARE .
A SAILOR'S WORST NIGHTMARE .

A SAILOR'S WORST NIGHTMARE .

herculeshercules
1 Review

A long time ago, a group of sailors went onboard a twenty oared ship and set off out to sea.

One of the crew members climbed up into the crow’s nest to keep watch. The others sat on the benches and pulled away at the oars.

As for the captain, he stood at the helm to steer the ship.

For days the boat sailed across calm waters, to reach its destination, wherever that was going to be.

Every day the Sun shone in a clear, cloudless blue sky.

Every night the Moon appeared in the great vault of the heavens, which stretched to the four horizons.

There was plenty of food and water stowed away for the sailors, who liked to sing and share sea-faring legends and myths.

One day however, everything changed.

Everyone was so enjoying themselves, when the gentle wind began to rise rapidly.

As it did so, the tranquil sea became choppy.

The boat rocked from side to side, as it went up and down over foaming waves.

No longer were the sailors in high spirits.

The rowers tried to pull against the waves, but it was no use. They lost grip of the oars and fell off their seats.

Some of the oars ended up in the sea.

The captain, who was no better off, lost control of the steering and almost ended up going overboard.

Things were terrible at that point, but there was much worse to come.

Over the horizon, there appeared a great mass of dark clouds.

In no time at all, the boat was caught in a raging storm.

Rain cascaded heavily, thunder rolled, lightning flashed, the wind increased dramatically and the sea became wilder.

The infernal storm tossed the boat about and several sailors were hurled overboard. The captain went and the watchman too.

Then a bolt of lightning struck the sail.

Things couldn’t possibly get any worse, but they did.

Suddenly, a gigantic squid with writhing tentacles half appeared out of the water.

It was a sailor’s worst nightmare.

The monster seized the ship with its huge tentacles and pulled it with all those left onboard, into the perilous depths.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hercules
hercules
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
4 Sep, 2023
Words
360
Read Time
1 min
Rating
3.0 (1 review)
Views
861

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.