Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Secondhand Stars 2
Secondhand Stars 2

Secondhand Stars 2

TheValhallanOptimism101
2 Reviews

It was a calm day in Nampa. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming. On days like these, kids like me, should be getting out of town. I got here with West, but now I gotta get out.

Oh, I’m Sadie Universe, and I’m being targeted by the government. Nice days, right? I walk by some of the roads for the last time.

“Hey, West, we need to split.” West was my partner. We worked together, and we both had abilities. He’s pretty cool.

“Alright. I’ll stay in Nampa one more day to throw them off you.” He was pretty tall, and pretty sweet.

“Ok. This will settle down. I’m sure we’ll be forgotten. I hope your life goes great West. You’ve been a great friend. If you ever need to find me, you know where I’ll be.” I hug him. He hugs back.

We walk our own separate ways. I keep on my way. There was only one other thing I wanted to see.

Ah, there it was. Secondhand Stars. I loved this bookstore. It was my favorite place in the whole world. I used to come here and pick from the many stories and tales in there.

Soldiers started to rush around the crossroads. The squads got into position and crouched, like they were fighting something that could shoot back. They were each dressed in entirely black combat gear. Bulletproof vest, light body armor, the two different guns slung around their shoulders.

“Get down on the ground, NOW!” The soldiers screamed at me. They found me. Cameras probably got me. If they took the time, there should be 4 squadrons. One on the rooftops, two on each side of me, and one in backup patrols. I was standing in the exact middle of the crossroads.

Protocol.

We both knew that their guns would do nothing to me. The bullets would simply be healed, yet they threatened me anyways.

Even all the way to Idaho, they still found me. I hope he got away too.

“I don’t want to have to hurt you guys.” I raised my hands.

“Then get DOWN!” One of the leaders from a squad yelled.

New protocol. New instructions.

Something weird is going to happen.

Well, for old protocol, they should start shooting in 3. 2. 1.

All of the soldiers started to fire on me, and I took all of the hits. Bullet after bullet going into my body. After a straight minute of firing they stopped. Reload, wait for instructions.

I shrugged off the damage. The bullets started to be pushed out of me. I love my ability.

“Come with us peacefully!” The leader yelled. They have no way to stop me. It was an empty bluff.

“Nah.” I shifted into a centipede, and started to crawl away.

“FIRE!” The soldiers all started to fire at where I was, but I was on the move. Onto the sidewalk I go.

Another magazine gone. The soldiers reload, and wait for instructions.

“Get the tracker out.” The leader says, and another soldier comes and brings him a little device. I make it into an alley, and shift to a pigeon.

“The alley!” The leader yells. The two ground squads rush over. I fly my butt straight up.

“FIRE!” The soldiers start to fire at me again. The bullets zoom by me as I climb. Up and up and up.

The bullets stop.

Quickly, I turn into a fly, and start to zoom away.

They had a tracker. I have to warn the others.

Author Notes: I'll get to work with the next part too :P. Don't worry. If you have read the last one, this one takes place a bit before that one. And, this isn't West's last story. Not for the past or the future.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheValhallan
Optimism101
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
21 Apr, 2019
Words
585
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
1,202

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.