Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Selfish
Selfish

Selfish

TheForgottenTheForgotten

Pieces of paper that once meant so much lie on the old beige carpet. I can't help but stare at them, their torn edges bent and wrinkled. The pounding of my heart is the only thing I can hear, as though the blood flowing through my body is flooding in my ears. There's something peaceful in this destruction I've created, like I've been rid of some evil I couldn't shake. That's when it finally hit me, what I had done. Your words scribbled on those letters with all of that thought and time just to be torn apart in a short burst of anger.

I just wanted you to feel the way I did. How could you leave me with no second thought? How selfish you are, dying because you thought the only person it would affect was you. And now you're gone and you've left me to sit alone on my floor, getting rug rash on my legs because the only way I feel grounded anymore is when I'm clinging to it. You left me because you couldn't live anymore, but why wasn't I enough? Did I not run through your mind when you did it? Was your hate for yourself really more than your love for me?

I guess I will never know, because you're gone now and I'm alone here in the same place that you abandoned me. If you thought nobody would care, you were so very wrong. I wish I could go back and tell you that I cared because I still do.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheForgotten
TheForgotten
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
6 May, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
258
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,813

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.