Please register or login to continue

Register Login

A Sequence of Matters
A Sequence of Matters

A Sequence of Matters

_Temerity_9031_Temerity_9031

When Milo got back he had brought a bag of chips and was smiling. A large bruise on his arm was barely noticeable. But I could tell it was recent. Before he had gotten in here the two terrible beings had left the house. The house went back to normal. James and the twins laughed and played while Charlie watched her phone. I was staring at the door hoping Milo would come back in one piece.

He didn't say anything about what happened. Which bothered me.

"Thanks for the chips, Milo," Charlie says looking away from her phone for a second. He nods and turns on his remote. We connected into the game. He acted weird. He wasn't as happy or excited. But he was REALLY good at hiding it.

Charlie had left with the kids to go to the corner store for some candy. I and Milo had stayed completely silent…

I began to lose my patience. Now or never.

"What happened down there?" I pause the game and lean against his arm. He winced, I was leaning on his bruise. And I was doing it on purpose.

"What, what do you mean?" He plays off the hurt look and smiles. I lean into his arm even more… he hid the pain out of his face but his eyes still showed everything.

"Push me away… I know it hurts. And me leaning against it isn't gonna help a single thing." I glare at him. Milo sighs and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his chest away from his arm.

"The last thing I want to do is to push you away…" He whispers. He rubs my back slowly, "I don't want you or anyone else to worry." I pull away from him and slam his body against the bed.

"Milo." I pause watching his breathing shake. Good, I scared him. "You cannot just shake things off and expect me of all people not to worry about you." I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him closer to my face. He stared at me, the fear in his eyes had been replaced with something warm. "I need you to tell me what happened down there."

"What do you want me to say?" He pauses and holds my waist. Keeping me still against him. "He punched me a couple of times, and I didn't fight back." Miko shrugs.

"Why didn't you fight back?"

"I don't have time to switch foster parents. I'll hopefully be moving away from here soon." He smiles. "And hopefully I can take the kids with me. They don't deserve to live the rest of their childhood in such an abusive place." His smile fades and he loosens his grip on my waist.

"And if you can't… you are always welcome at my house." I smile. He pulls me up and throws me onto the bed. I watch him cross his legs on the edge of the bed. He stares at me.

"Isn't Hailey moving in?" He smiles.

"Well ya… but I bet she wouldn't mind. It's not her house anyway." I smirk and pull myself up on my elbows. He nods and continues to smile at me.

"Aren't you cold?" Milo asks pointing at my shoulder. My sleeve was down almost low enough to show my bra. I sit with my legs crossed and pull my sleeve up onto my shoulder. When I sat up I had unconsciously gotten a little closer to him. Which wasn't a big deal. But something now felt a little different. Being close wasn't the same as it was when we were kids.

"Yeah… it's different when we're older." He breaks the silence. Damn wizard! I hate it when he reads my mind. I know he can't read my mind but it sure does seem like it at times. I frown,

"You're doing it again." He tilts his head to the side seeming confused. I sigh, "Being older is hard. I want to be near you like when we were younger, but the temptation is stronger and gross now." I shiver to hold back a laugh. Milo doesn't hold back and laughs at my comment. I watch him laugh, smiling to myself. I press my hand on a nearby pillow. Memories rush through my head.

Three months ago, I was laying on this bed. My face stuck on my phone. Milo next to the bed playing COD. He all of a sudden got up and took my phone out of my hands holding it away where I couldn't reach it. When I went to reach for it I held my body up, my arm completely extended. I quickly reached for my phone, as I did my lips brushed against his. I froze and so did he. We stared at each other, my breathing shallow. He moved forward a little kissing me for a small second. I had stayed calm and I hate to admit it… but I didn't mind the fact of him kissing me. When he pulled away he had gone pink and he tried hiding his face.

Now I stare at him as nothing happened. But we both knew it had changed us. And we would never be JUST friends anymore.

I yank my hand away from the pillow. Milo looks at me confused. He stopped smiling, giving off a worried vibe. I stare back at him trying to erase the memories again. He looked at the pillow and his eyes seemed to widen. It’s almost as if the same memory had flowed through his brain as he stared at the pillow. Why was something so insignificant something that triggers a moment in time. He shivers and slides off the bed. He’s always in this room. Has he seen these memories over and over again? Every night… And why hasn’t it changed anything about him?

“Milo... “ I start, not knowing how to continue. I wanted to tell him that everything was going to be okay. Not just things between us but everything else in life. He looks back up at me and smiles. He hid the odd expression on his face. Milo was always exceptionally good at hiding his feelings. Which worries me… “What are ‘we’?” I whisper. I kept my gaze away from his. He sighs,

“I don’t know… I don’t know.” He covers his eyes with his arm.

“So then… What happened?” I say gaining more confidence. I get off of the bed holding the pillow close to me. It felt safe and warm against me… Did I not want to let go of this? He stared at the pillow I held close to my body.

“You know what happened. We both do.” He looks away from me.

“Yes. I know my side.” I pause, letting him understand what I meant. “But I know nothing of yours.” I brush my thumb against his jawline, Milo looks up at me and I could feel his heart pick up in pace. But his breathing slowed.

“There's not much to tell.” He breaks away from my stare but comes back. “I took your phone, you went to reach for it. Your lips touched mine and I kissed you.” He shrugs. I sit on his lap and pull his face over to mine. My lips crash into his. I hold him close to me, trying to keep the warm feeling away from my head. I pull myself away from him slowly. He stared at me, I held my body against his chest. But kept far enough away so I didn’t have an urge to kiss him again. “Why? What did you do?” His voice was low and almost sounded like he was whispering.

“I kissed you.” I shrug and get off of his lap. I walk out of the bedroom leaving him shocked. As I walk down the stairs and twirl into the kitchen I pause. My heart was racing. I had just done the unthinkable between friends. I held my shirt tight and held most of my weight on a chair. “What did I just do…” I whisper slightly to myself. An arm wraps around my waist. I knew it was Milo. I could feel his light gentle presence from before he had even gotten close to me. He turns me around and looks me in the eyes. His lips twitched. He was holding back a smile. Milo pulled me closer to him and his lips caressed my jaw slowly. I kept my breathing small and my heart at a sort of normal pace. I had to give in to the warmth knocking on my brain. I moved my hands up his chest and swirled around his neck holding him even closer to me.

“You’re everything I wanted you to be…” He kissed my cheek and groaned. I giggle against him and trace his jawline. Perfect. He’s so perfect.

I moved my hand away from his jaw and slowly traced his chest and kept moving down carefully. He grabbed my thigh holding my core against him. The gesture made my brain glitch. The only thing able to communicate was my small moan. I winced at how much I was enjoying this.

I couldn’t do it. I reached where his stomach would be and paused. I had to stop this before it goes too far. I slowly held his hand that was holding my thigh, he let go. And stared at me.

“I’m sorry… I can’t do this.” I say, still holding his hand. He nods. “I’m gonna walk home.” I let go of him and head to the front door. As I put on my shoes I noticed I was crying a little. Before I left I turned around to see Milo. He was staring at his hands and fidgeting with a stone. I turn back around resisting the urge to run back to him and exit the house.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
_Temerity_9031
_Temerity_9031
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
29 Nov, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
1,650
Read Time
8 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
465

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.