Please register or login to continue

Register Login

She Wolf Pt. 5
She Wolf Pt. 5

She Wolf Pt. 5

JozayBigrasJozay
1 Review

I stood in silence, unable to move. He glided towards me, it seemed effortless and graceful and somehow deadly. As he got closer, a growl inadvertently escaped me. I felt a change coming and I instantly felt terrified. Something about Kyle was very different and the she wolf within me didn’t like it. The growl didn’t scare him, in fact it seemed to excite him instead. I backed away from him, my body reeling in pain. I could see a sly smile on his face as I tried to collect myself.

“That morgue we have…it’s a wonderful place. Crappy way to wake up though, a little claustrophobic. Tight spaces really aren’t my thing.” Kyle said in a cocky manner. He explained that I did very much kill him. When his body was brought to the morgue, it was left on a table in the inspection room. Before the morgue attendant could get to it, a vampire had stolen Kyle’s body and nearly drained him of his remaining blood. This was all a little much for me.

“First I find out there are werewolves, now I find out there are also vampires. What the actual shit.” I sat down on the arm of the couch. This was getting ridiculous, there was a fucking Twilight movie going on in my living room. I felt sad as I took in everything going on. My best friend was gone. It wasn’t the same Kyle that I had known and loved. I felt as though there was more to the story, it was vague and the vampire left nameless, but he refused to elaborate further. Kyle walked away and slipped into the washroom without another word, the sound of the shower starting broke the silence.

My cell phone started ringing shortly after that, interrupting my thoughts. It was Tom, I had forgotten my jacket at the church and he was headed over to drop it off. After a half hour he arrived, letting himself in. Tom tensed up as he took in the different scent. I mouthed Kyle’s name to him and pointed towards my bedroom. He look very concerned and rushed towards my room where we found Kyle lying on the bed with his arms behind his head.

“What are you doing here? Who did this to you?” Tom started aggressively. Clearly he was aware of something I wasn’t, as per usual.

“Whoa, whoa there buddy, a little hello, nice to see you would have been acceptable.” Kyle said as he sat up. Tom was visibly annoyed. Before he could grab Kyle’s leg, he found himself pinned against the wall. Kyle’s teeth were out as he hissed at Tom, his look of amusement no longer present. I was bewildered at the animosity between both parties. Kyle’s head shot up as though someone had called his name, with the blink of an eye, he was gone.

“Cyril is back.” Tom sighed, and motioned me to follow him. We walked next door to his place. He brought me inside his library. The room was large and round and every inch of wall was covered in books. I‘d never been in here before, the door was always locked previously. On his desk lay a large old book and he flipped through it as I looked around the room. His collection was captivating.

“Found it!” he shouted suddenly. I walked over to him and leaned against the desk. He pointed at the page in the old book, it had the name Cyril Arius on the top and a sketch of a handsome but eerie man. The page beside it had a mini-biography of this Cyril character. Tom gave me a cliff notes version.

He explained Cyril was an experiment gone wrong back in the eighteenth century. There was a mad scientist (Dr. Nathaniel Arius), adamant in finding a cure for his dying brother Cyril. He was dying from a severe fever and his health was depleting at a fast pace. Dr. Arius had made a healing concoction and fed it to his brother. His health improved at first, his color returning, but later that same night, Cyril suddenly passed. Nathaniel found his dead brother in the morning, laying lifeless in his bed. The defeated scientist had failed, or so he thought. They had the funeral service and burial that same day. No one showed up, except for Dr. Arius. The town folk were scared of the Arius family. There were whispers that their science was mysterious and morally questionable.

Nathaniel sat next to Cyril’s grave for hours, not wanting to leave his brother. He fell asleep while leaning against the tombstone and woke up to the sound of his brother’s voice. He was horrified to see his supposed dead brother standing over him. His eyes were wild, animal like. His concoction had worked, but not how he had intended. Cyril jumped his brother before anything could be said and drained him of his blood. Unsatisfied, he headed towards town, trying to quench his thirst for blood. It was a massacre. It wasn’t long before word spread about this evil creature, the term vampire came to life in a news headline and had been used to describe them ever since. Cyril has tried many times since then to create an army of vampires. His last attempt was in the late nineteen twenties. His attempts had ended when a witch named Priscilla cursed him, causing his coffin to seal shut with him inside. The witch had eternal life and the only way this curse could have been broken was if Priscilla were killed.

Author Notes: Editor: James Armes

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
JozayBigras
Jozay
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
5 Oct, 2016
Words
934
Read Time
4 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
2,226

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.