Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Sheila
Sheila

Sheila

Jainisha22Jainisha22

My life is like a mermaid that swims into deep thoughts and stumbles over shallow thoughts. My soul dives into the seabed and hides itself from the phoney frolicsome society. This isolation was caused by the absence of my bird’s song that used to flow like a melodious music which hydrates my parched soul. The laughter of my winged friend used to be my morning alarm and now, it’s departure had become my all time grief before asleep at night.

Sheila was my roommate and coursemate too. She has a beautiful angelic voice and her passion for music is limitless and endless. Her voice is not only melodious ,but she also looks as attractive as a butterfly. In total, I gave her a nickname that is Indian Pitta which refers to a bright colourful bird. There were many boys after her beauty, but she never looked at them before. This was because of her puritanical parents and her elder sister who had run away from home with her boyfriend. Ever since then, her parents always have doubts about her and afraid that she has any affair and repeats her sister’s mistake.

One evening, I was at my study table looking at my screen phone whether the boy who took my phone number would call me or not. I was half heartedly waiting and expecting a call from him. He is not macho like some other boys in my university, instead respectful and courteous. Suddenly, Sheila in her sexy bathrobe scared me from behind. I was back to reality and I laughed at myself. Then, she questioned me while teasing me, ”are you waiting for his call?”. I said, “no”. She continued teasing me and we were laughing together. She said while mimicking one of our lecturer voices, “soon your boyfriend will tell you that you are so sweet…….”. Her voice was very cute, so I took a video of what she said and saved it on my phone. The next day, we went to class happily and during the breaks we went to the library. Just then, I realised I left my phone under the table in my class. I dashed to the class because I was in fear that my phone would be stolen by someone. Luckily, it was still under the table. The next day, when Sheila and I were walking into our department building and strangely those who usually admire Sheila’s beauty were laughing at her. It was really awkward, but I told Sheila to ignore it. When we were at the music room, suddenly the dean called Sheila to be at his office. Her parents were at the office too and there were a huge crowd of students waiting out of the office. The dean scolded her for humiliating the university's fame due to her sexy leaked video being uploaded on the internet. She was also suspended from the university. Even though I saw the leaked video, it was actually the video I filmed the other day, but I never uploaded or shared it to anyone, but how did it get leaked? I was speechless and guilt had engulfed me. When I went back to my room, I saw she was hanging helplessly. She committed suicide because of my carelessness and even wrote a note saying that it is not my fault.

Two years passed and I had found the culprit of her suicide. It was my crush’s friends who always went after girls for pleasure purposes. I decided to take my turn of revenge. I targeted my crush first then his friends too. I spy and take a look of what is happening in my crush’s life. His name is Muhammad Shakir. He has a flawless black skin with eyes that shone brightly and he is still hanging out with his university friends. His two close friends are Sahib and Harish who were the main culprit of her suicide. Shakir is working in one of his friend's musical instrument shop as a manager while looking for an opportunity to become a music director. Sahib is a DJ for a pub and Harish is working for a corporate company. I too found myself a job that is teaching part time violin classes for children in a music school. From what I know , Shakir is always a perfect gentleman, but how he let his two friends do such a nasty thing in Sheila’a life!!! I rented a room with my friend, Silphy in an apartment and observed which routes Shakir uses frequently to his friend’s shop in the morning. I took a bus to the shop and on my way to the shop the bus stopped at the junction. Shakir was on his Ducati two wheel vehicle beside the bus waiting at the junction too. My heart beat skipped for a second maybe because of the reminiscence of my crush and fondness on him. I used my fingers to scribe my name, MAYURI onto the misty windscreen of the bus just to catch his attention. As he turned and lifted his pair of sunglasses, I hurriedly rubbed off my name from the windscreen and pretended as if I did not see his face, but I could feel his glace on me that lasted for at least 3 seconds.

15 minutes later, I reached the musical instrument shop and I saw he was at the balcony while smoking casually. I entered the shop and looked for a keyboard. I played a tune that was close to my heart which I created out of my fantasy of Shakir. Without my realisation, I was falling for him and admiring my love which was presented via this tune, I closed my eyes tightly and played the tune as if today is my last day to play the keyboard. Surprisingly, when I opened my eyes after playing my tune, there was a round applause not only from Shakir, but the other customers and shop assistants. Even then, only Shakir’s clap was heard loud by my heart as if he was replying to my lovely tune. He asked me, “What is your name and how can I help you here?”.

“My name is Mayuri and I am searching for a violin”, I said.

“Violin!!! Oh, it is all ready, you can just purchase it now”, said by Shakir.

“No, I want a red violin”, I replied.

“Red violin… Oh you have to order it and it will be in our shop in three days time”, he replied.

“Can you deliver it?”, I questioned.

“Oh, sure. Please note your address in this book”, Shakir said enthusiastically with his bright eyes.

Three days later, he delivered the violin to my house at 7:30 pm. I was shocked that he came to deliver instead of his shop’s delivery boy. I asked him why would he turn up at this hour to deliver this violin instead of the delivery boy. He said it is his pleasure to deliver it to me on his own and he had a tight schedule ,so he cannot make it to deliver in the early evening. I was totally convinced with his justification and he also asked me, “ Wouldn’t you invite me to your house?”. He sat and I served him a hot black coffee while answering his ice breaking questions. There was an old school group class photo hanging on the wall. He said, “shall I guess, which is you?”. I said, “ Go ahead”. He pointed out that the girl with two ponytails is me and I praised his intellectual and intelligence. He started bragging that he was a smart ass ever since young. I instantly told him that I was never in the photo because it's Silphy's group class photo. We had a great time laughing together over his own foolishness. “Can I ask the beautiful girl, her phone number?”, said Shakir. My face turned pale and I walked to the kitchen. Then, I said, “ sure, you can have it”. All of sudden, Silphy was back home after work. So, he got introduced to Silphy and went back. I was not sure to be happy either for getting close to my plan or getting close to my love life.

Two days later, I gave him a missed call just to catch his attention. He called me then and asked whether I called him. I denied and hung up the call. Then, he gave me a missed call then, I called him and he too denied that he never called me. We both were acting silly just to start a good conversation. We chatted throughout our days and it carried on for a week. One night, he texted saying that “the moon and stars are waiting for your presence. So, please look outside at your balcony”. I saw him waiting down with his Ducati two wheel vehicle and calling me for a night ride. I changed my clothes and went for a night ride with him. It was as if a lifetime dream was coming through. I must admit that he is such a pure soul ,but why as a friend did he not play a good role by advising his two friends to do good deeds? Two days later, Harish was found dead in his apartment. He committed suicide and his news were all over the media. Shakir and Sahib were in misery because they had no idea what made him take this huge decision. From my research, I found out he was having an affair with his boss' wife and often met her at a house. I leaked a video of him romancing with the boss's wife. He was terribly humiliated in the office and was fired from work. He committed suicide because he could not stand the humiliations just like my friend, Sheila. Shakir really felt bad that he could not be with Harish’s tough times. It took him some time to get over it.

Weeks later, it was 22 August which is my birthday. In the morning, I called Shakir and said it is my birthday today and asked for a meet up. He said, “oh, birthday!!! Happy Birthday, Mayuri. Later, we shall meet now I got a recording at the studio”. His reaction was strange and honestly I was not delighted with his reply. When I came back from work, I saw my rented house’s door was open. I was afraid and pushed the door slowly, there was a black shiny surface piano presented to me by Shakir. There was even a birthday card on the piano. Suddenly, from behind he scared me, he said, “I had fixed a dinner party and it would be great if you wore this dress”. I wore the dress and went to the dinner party. It was grand and living as an orphan for many years, this is the best celebration in my life. Shakir and I danced for a song too. We both had silently fallen deeply for each other. He dropped me off at my apartment and I wanted to confess my feelings ,but I was shy too. He understood and said, “sometimes beautiful things are not best to be said instead just admiring them”.

Two days later, I called him to remind him of his promises to bring me to do shopping. I went to the shop first and tried on a few dresses in the fitting room. Few minutes later, he called me and started screaming and asked me to be out of the shop immediately. He came to the shop and started to freak out with the shop’s manager saying that there is a camera in the fitting room. He checked the fitting room, but there was no camera. He brought me back to home and refused to say what actually happened till I hardened my tone on him. He said he received a leaked video of me changing clothes in the fitting room from an unknown number. I burst into tears and asked him to leave me alone for a few minutes. I closed my room’s door and I sat. Actually, it was me who filmed the leaked video and sent him from an unknown number. I burst out not because of the leaked video ,but I could feel how it hurts my loved ones. I could feel his undeniable care for me, but I have to do this just for my friend, Sheila. I could not stand the pain, so I cut my wrist using a broken glass piece. Shakir broke into my room’s door after calling me several times. He admitted me at a hospital and brought me to his home. We spent our days together and Sahib was sent to prison too. I trapped Sahib with the police regarding drug distribution in the pub. After this incidence, Shakir was afraid and wanted to go for a holiday to some other country. I did not want it because I wanted to end my life as I had finally accomplished the mission. Nevertheless, my heart is grieving for his love and affection. I really wish the time could be slower.

The night that I was supposed to end my life, unexpectedly a robber broke into his house when Shakir was not at home. I was helpless and struggled with the man and soon Shakir came. He beat him up and police brought the robber to the station. I was crying bitterly and Shakir kept convincing me that it was all over. He made me a cup of coffee and heart whispered to my mind saying that , “why not serve your last bits of love to the most deserving man on earth?”. I touched his hands softly and he pulled me close to his chest. He hugged me as if even the air had no space to pass through. We spent an amorous night together.

The next morning, he woke up searching for my presence by his side on the bed. I went missing. He saw my wardrobe was open with the diary left open. He read my diary and understood everything that had happened and knew the reason for his friend's fatality. He ran to the highest floor because he knew I would also commit suicide. Too late, I jumped down way earlier after my soul got hitched with Shakir. I may have died for my friend, Sheila, but my soul is still breathing in Shakir’s heart.

Author Notes: I hope this will be a heartwarming story for my readers and thanks for reading.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Jainisha22
Jainisha22
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 Jul, 2020
Words
2,400
Read Time
12 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
704

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.