Please register or login to continue

Register Login

She's Back... Pt2
She's Back... Pt2

She's Back... Pt2

KryptonKrypton
3 Reviews

Narrators POV:
9 years later

*Ring-Ring*
*Ring-Ring*

-Harry can you get that already
shouted Mrs. Mclain
-Alright alright I'm getting it honey
Mr. Mclain said as he stood up from his Lazy Boy chair and walked over to the phone.

-Err...Hello?
Mr. Mclain said
-Hello? Is...Is this Steven Mclain?
-Er... yes this is he.
-Oh... wow... I... I wasn't expecting it to be you... I thought you would've moved by now... I... I guess not

-Honey who is it?
Shouted Mrs. Mclain from the kitchen as she peeled an apple
-I don't know sweetheart, I'll ask.
He answered as he covered the microphone on the old phone.

-Hello? Is anybody there?
-Er yes yes I'm back sorry I was just talking to my wife
-Your- your wife?
-Er... yes my wife? Why are you asking?
-Oh um... nothing. N-Nevermind.
-Um... pardon me asking, but wh-who might you be?
-I... um... well... it's... it's your daughter, Emma.

Mr. Mclain dropped the phone and stood there with his mouth wide open. The phone dangled in the air by its cord.
-Honeyyyy! Your apples are ready!
Mrs. Mclain exclaimed
-Honeyyy! Did you hear me? Honey? A...Are you okay!?
Mrs. Mclain ran into the living room with fear. She saw her husband standing there looking at the wall with his mouth wide open.
-Honey...
Mr. Mclain said as he slowly turned around to look at his wife.
-Honey... it's our daughter.
Mrs. Mclain dropped the glass plate with the apples on it and it shattered on the floor. She stared at the phone with horror. They both looked at each other with fear in their eyes.
-H...how...how is this p-possible. How is she a-alive?
Mrs. Mclain stuttered as she slowly sat down in her chair.
-I... I... I don't know...
Mr. Mclain said as he picked up the phone again

-Hello? Hello hello? You keep doing this where you just leave without saying anything. You can't just-
-How are you still alive... Emma?
-Excuse me? You haven't heard from your daughter in 9 years, and the first thing you can ask me is why am I alive? So much for good parents huh? You couldn't have said "we miss you and love you." or maybe... just maybe... you could've apologized.
-Wh...what? A-apologized?
-Oh don't play dumb... dad. You and mom both know what you did that night. Don't pretend like you forgot.

Mrs. Mclain's eyes widened
-She...she remembers! Oh my god! She remembers!
Mrs. Mclain's face filled with horror as she started to think of all the possible outcomes of Emma remembering.

-Of course I freaking remember Mom. Did you seriously think that I would forget?
-Well... we... we thought you had... passed away
-Well, sorry things didn't go your way. Anyways, I just called to let you guys know that I'm doing fine, I live in an apartment with a couple of friends, and I go to community college because I didn't have proper education or any money to afford college. Oh and I'm 19 now if you can''t do the math.
-O...Okay. s...so you... you remember what happened... that night?
-Yes, father. I do indeed remember the night where I woke up to both my parents staring at me in the middle of the night. Oh and I also remember the part where they duct taped me to the floor and stabbed my arms and stomach relentlessly. How could I forget that eventul night. Oh... and my favorite part. The part where you guys drove me to the river and threw me in. Yes! I loved the feeling of pulling leaches off my bloody legs in the dirt. Alone.

-Oh... oh my god Harry.
Mrs. Mclain said as she looked at her husband.
-We...we could go to jail if she tells the police what happened that night

-Yeah, no shit you guys can go to jail. All I have to do is show up at the police station and say one sentence. By the way, I can hear everything you guys say to each other. You guys should really whisper...
-Please, Emma! Please don't tell the police, you don't understand how it could affect our lives
-OH I'M THE ONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT CAN AFFECT YOUR LIVES? WHAT IF YOU THOUGHT ABOUT LETTING ME KEEP MY LIFE THAT NIGHT 7 YEARS AGO. WHAT IF I JUST COME OVER AND KILL YOU BOTH RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF THROWING YOU IN JAIL? EITHER WAY, YOU'RE BOTH GONNA DIE SOON YOU OLD HAGS.
-Please Emma! Spare us! We're your parents! We love you!
-Yeah, and I was your DAUGHTER. I loved you too. Past tense. If you loved me, you wouldn't have robbed me of my life, my freedom and my happiness. So have fun with your... life. Goodbye mom, goodbye dad.

There was loud banging from the kitchen door.
-I know you're home... don't worry, I won't hurt you... I promise... pinky promise, although... I need your finger to pinky promise.

An old raspy voice whispered through the cracks of the door. They knew it wasn't their daughter, they knew it was some sort of hitman.

They both looked at each other and held hands, for they knew, this was their last moment alive.

Author Notes: Yeah this was kinda on the spot i wrote this in like 20 minutes so it's not very good haha
i hope this gave you chills and i hope you enjoyed!

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Krypton
Krypton
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
27 Mar, 2019
Words
878
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
1,893

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.