Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Sincerely, Vintage (Part 11)
Sincerely, Vintage (Part 11)

Sincerely, Vintage (Part 11)

lyngbakr82𝕝π•ͺπ•Ÿπ•˜π•“π•’π•œπ•£πŸ πŸš
2 Reviews

Kol

The sun was setting on the β€œwrong” side of town. Kol dangled his legs over the edge of the roof, savoring the feeling of the breeze on his face. Up here was the only place he could think straight.

β€œHey, boss.”

Kol turned to see the top half of one of his- he didn’t know what to call them. On this side of town, he couldn’t afford to have friends. Instead, he had…

People I don’t hate as much as everyone else, Kol mused.

He turned to look at the half of a man sticking out of the skylight.

β€œWhat’s up?”

β€œThere’s something downstairs you might want to see.”

Kol got to his feet and descended into the dimly lit restaurant he’d left behind. The two of them slipped into a table near the back of the room. Everything was shrouded in shadow but gilded by the neon lights on the wall.

β€œSee the girl with bright pink hair?”

The man pointed, but the movement was unnecessary. Kol noticed her immediately. She was sitting across from a guy at one of the few well-lit tables in the room. Well-lit enough for him to make out the guy’s face.

β€œThat’s them, alright.”

As Kol and his companion watched, two more unfamiliar people slipped through the door a few minutes later. The few light fixtures in the room highlighted the details of the young woman’s face. Even from across the room, Kol could tell she was beautiful. The man behind her cast careful glances around the restaurant, visibly uneasy. Kol watched the pair settle into a booth across from Neon Pink Girl. The young woman tilted her head back and laughed at something her friend had said.

They’d be cute together.

Kol shook the distraction from his mind and stood up, a grin of anticipation already sparking across his face. This was going to be fun.

He crossed the room and planted both hands on the edge of Neon Pink Girl’s table, just a little bit louder than necessary.

β€œCan I get you two started with some drinks this evening?”

Neon girl glared back at him in stony silence. Her friend looked Kol in the eyes, unflinching.

Strong silent type. Interesting.

β€œActually, we’re not here for dinner.”

β€œOh?”

β€œIs there somewhere we could talk? In private?”

β€œCan I get a name for the order?” Kol carried on as if the man hadn’t spoken. He was enjoying watching Miss Neon stew in her seat.

β€œTracey,” she muttered.

β€œAnd I’m Vince.”

β€œWell then.” Kol stood abruptly. β€œRight this way.”

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
lyngbakr82
𝕝π•ͺπ•Ÿπ•˜π•“π•’π•œπ•£πŸ πŸš
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
5 Apr, 2022
Words
426
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
729

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.