Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Sincerely, Vintage (Part 20)
Sincerely, Vintage (Part 20)

Sincerely, Vintage (Part 20)

lyngbakr82𝕝π•ͺπ•Ÿπ•˜π•“π•’π•œπ•£πŸ πŸš

Hrida

In moments of sensory overload, Hrida’s body did her a favor; her sensitive hearing would fade out until she viewed the world through a pane of soundproof glass. The explosion painted everything a horrific shade of neon, the yellows and reds too bright and harsh.

Beside her, Tracey stood alone, teeth bared in grief, one hand clutching her wrist like it was the last thing she had left to hold onto.

Kol unfolded himself gradually, his eyes widening as he took in the scene around them. The scarred pavement, the empty windows blown free of glass, the rubble of the wrecked buildings. From here, Hrida wasn’t sure, but a brief glimmer of emotion surfaced before his face hardened, and he turned away.

Where’s Derrick?

The feeling of someone’s arms settling around her shoulders answered that question. All at once, her emotions came crashing in, and she turned around, burying her face in Derrick's sweater. He didn’t say a word, only stood there and held her, looking out over the shattered street as the fire slowly burned out.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
lyngbakr82
𝕝π•ͺπ•Ÿπ•˜π•“π•’π•œπ•£πŸ πŸš
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
24 Apr, 2022
Words
178
Read Time
<1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
654

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.