Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Sincerely, Vintage (Prologue)
Sincerely, Vintage (Prologue)

Sincerely, Vintage (Prologue)

lyngbakr82𝕝π•ͺπ•Ÿπ•˜π•“π•’π•œπ•£πŸ πŸš
4 Reviews

Vincent

The nickname had come from one of his friends before everything came crashing down. Somehow it had stuck with him after all this time. Even though Vince preferred his given name, he still answered to Vintage.

Even though that name came with a truckload of memories he would rather forget.

Even though every time he heard it, he remembered how wonderful things used to be.

He’d always been the one who could lose himself for hours taking apart a piece of old tech and figuring out what made it tick. Anyone who knew him could testify that his collection of records was like his children: touch any of them, and you’d quickly regret it. When things were a bit calmer, he’d take a walk down the street to the old museum and roam through the dusty halls even though he’d been there countless times. Something about the ancient decaying objects calmed him. They served as a reminder that, somehow, things hadn’t always been this way. There hadn’t always been monsters in the streets at night and dangerous men around almost every corner.

Things haven’t always been this way, Vince thought. But here I am.

An old soul in a broken city that was slowly falling apart.

Author Notes: hopefully i'll actually get close to finishing this one. your feedback is welcome.

Recommend Reviews (4) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
lyngbakr82
𝕝π•ͺπ•Ÿπ•˜π•“π•’π•œπ•£πŸ πŸš
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 Feb, 2022
Words
207
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (4 reviews)
Views
1,081

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.