Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Six of Rite's and Roses
Six of Rite's and Roses

Six of Rite's and Roses

RaeRae

Flames burn bright against the night and lick at the ground as a young woman with fiery red hair sprints across it. The mansion behind her is in flames and elves rush all around, trying to put it out. The young woman trips and falls, screaming as the fire burns her hand and the rock snaps her wrist. She gets up as fast as she can and continues running towards the path she had cleared for today. A voice screams something behind her and she turns to find an older woman with white hair and a cruel smile only feet behind her.

“I will not let you get away with this, you little pest!” she growls. The young woman doges the first swipe of the older woman’s sword. She trips again and groans in pain as her burnt hand scrapes against the ground. She gets up against the complaints of her body and changes her course, running towards the place she knows no one will follow.

“Sarnai!” the woman calls behind her “You crazy, crazy, girl.”

She runs and runs and runs until she reaches the water and then, without a moment’s hesitation, dives into the territory of the sirens. She sees them immediately, their tails stroking powerfully behind them, their arms reaching out towards their prey. The girl closes her eyes, accepting death and waiting to feel their claws dragging her down to the depths. But it never comes, instead, she feels gentle hands carrying her up to the surface. She opens her eyes and finds the sirens right beside her, a hint of kindness on their faces.

“We help you, young one, only for the sake of magic.”

“Do well little one, and remember this, for the next time you meet us you shall not be fortunate.”

A siren presses their lips to her forehead and her vision goes black. She embraces it with peace.




Author Notes: I hope you like it! If I get a positive response maybe I could post the whole novel chapter by chapter.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Rae
Rae
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
2 May, 2021
Genre
Words
317
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
416

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.