Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Snowflakes
Snowflakes

Snowflakes

MusicalOmissionMusicalOmission
2 Reviews

Everyone is like a single snowflake, none the same. But society puts upon us that deathly grip of insecurity, forcing us to act like someone we are not. They teach us. They teach us that if you are hyperactive, you are a defiant kid. They teach kids with autism that their disability is a disease, carelessly telling them that they will never get to where they want to in life.

They create fear. They teach us that grades are everything, and that even if you show your best work, you will fail. You will fail, and fail, and fail, until suddenly, you are a 20 year old...Sitting in a class of 12 year olds. The anxiety caused by these assumptions create pain. Kids will start searching for guidance, searching for anyone, someone, who might be able to understand their struggles, but rarely do they find it.

They create shame. If you have depression they say "get over it." When you cry, they will presume that you cry at everything. They will strip your freedom from you without remorse. You are but a child to them. And adults have power.

But do not let them get to you.

Do not let them drag you down.

For you a snowflake.

Unique...Yourself...And Beautiful.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
MusicalOmission
MusicalOmission
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Nov, 2016
Words
211
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
2,694

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.