Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Sorrow
Sorrow

Sorrow

TheWeridDucklingTheWeridDuckling
2 Reviews

I look down at my phone and see a text, "From Abrie." I look at the time 12:34. "Why would she be up this late?" I question. I click on the text which just says, "I'm sorry." The panic rushes through my veins as I think i know what shes talking about. I respond, "Sorry for what? You didn't do anything." I frantically wait a responce. I see her typing bubble pop up and I let out a sigh of relief. "I need to help her, I can't live without her." I think panicked. The bubble finally stops, she responded with a paragraph. "I have to hurry and read it." I frantically think.

"I'm sorry for texting you this late at night. I just felt like I just wanted to say goodbye you know? I hope you do not miss me to much, you will always be my best friend. But somethings are just never meant to be I guess. I haven't told you everything which that I regret which is going to be one of the things i regret for my last few minutes. I do wish you the best and hope that you live out your life without me here. Goodbye, Harper."

My heart sank as I finished reading. "Please don't do this," I begged her. I watched as the minutes go by without a response. It hits the three minute mark of Abrie not responding. I spam the chat. "Abrie? Are you there? You better have not, I can't live without you please don't do this." I felt a sudden amount of relaxation as I see the chat bubble pop back up.

"I'm sorry, I really, really, really am but I don't think I can do this anymore." as I read I felt like I could understand her emotion.. It was nothing but Sorrow.. I respond "Can you just tell me what happened? Maybe I can help you?" I respond as quick as possible.

"No." a quick and direct response. "I'm coming over." I say as I run and get my keys. I hop into my car and swiftly drive on the road. I arrive at Abrie house in two minutes. I knock on the door at least five times. I get no answer so I attempt to open the door, it was open. I run inside to her room I open her door slowly.

I see my bestfriend on the floor barely breathing, I quickly call the cops to get ambulance for her. I see her phone still on our chat I pick it up. "It looks like she was typing something before she did it.." I read the message out loud, "I love you so much I'm sorry for doing this to you. I know this is selfish." I fall to my knees heartbroken. "Your not selfish and I love you too." I say out loud.

As the ambulance comes and puts her in im questioned by the police. A few days of her in the hospital shes pronounced dead. "I'm really sorry Abrie I should've known you felt this way." I thought. "I can't believe I just lost my bestfriend," I say out loud.

Author Notes: Enjoy the story :)

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheWeridDuckling
TheWeridDuckling
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
28 Jan, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
529
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
971

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.